Battle of Britain in photos albums

Lican

5 minutes ago, Lican said:

Good day. Here I am interested in what you are so stung in this topic? What do I post photos (all on the Internet are)? Or the fact that I collect the archive? Well, since you are hard advocates of justice, let’s find relatives with me who will take photographs and ask for permission, or at least find out the owner of the photos. Only hear what is wrong or otherwise. Yes, you keep your photos in your home and all. I publish everything that is on the Internet and do not have the right to put watermarks or the like. I took photos from the Internet, and there clearly wasn’t a different type of family permission. Well, I emphasize that almost 80 years have passed since those events.

I don't know why you're getting so steamed up.

Ray had raised the point about why he won't post his own photos anymore on the internet and I was responding to that. It's a simple fact now that if you post a photograph on the internet you have no control over how and where it is shown.

2 minutes ago, Lican said:

I am proud that I can show you the face of the person who saved you. And not for his use to keep his photo. I want you to know who you owe to life and well-being.

Now you're just being presumptuous and verging on rude.

You might want to stop there as you have no idea of who I am nor where I come from. Just because it may say I live in Norway, that doesn't mean that I was born here or that my family history is from here. And here's a not so subtle hint, if one of my family was one of the Few then chances are my family is not from here, are they?

The reason why I don't want to post the photos of my family member are because I have no control over where they are posted, by whom and in what context. Additionally there are already photos of him, both published in books and online. He is not an unknown face of the Few.

TBH though your overly aggressive and rude attitude doesn't encourage me or make me want to post the photos.

46230866355_c3d6e0f59d_b.jpg

My grandfather's brother Smirnov Alexander Fedorovich. He served in the tank military. Participated in the storming of Berlin. 

They are heroes as well as the people that are shown in the photos I post. And I want them to know. And the fact that I take them from the Internet, well, forgive you, the guardians missed it) And I am proud that I can post these photos to you. And they are not personal. They are our wealth that we lose over time. Each spelling or their photographs or spelling of the name bears a folder for the generation. Although I think that your repentance, like mine, no longer needs to bottom. They have their heroes. Sorry, but I think your little bit remembers stories of fathers. And for now that now it doesn’t matter what the pictures are and who they belong to.) They have their own heroes ( And I ask you not to write about the rights. I am joining one resource with everything that is on the network. Start with those from whom I take these photos)

1. I am not aggressive. You may have read before that I am writing through a translator, maybe he doesn’t draw the true message of my words to you.
2. Why write about the rights to photos where people are waiting for topics for the material on the assembly of models. I wanted to trim all the material that I have been collecting for years. And whatever it went with me to the grave)
3. It is your right not to upload photos.
4. Do not write about the rights, write there from where I took them - just type Google in the search)

The forum administration will post me for raising and frequent replies to the topic. But let's get this out. PLEASE DISCHARGE PHOTOGRAPHY FOR MODELS AND TO READ WITH PROTOTYPES FOR ASSEMBLY OF MODELS. WILL ENOUGH TO WRITE ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS, I KNOW THEM, WRITE BETTER WHAT THAT IS DEFINITIONAL IN PHOTOS OR A DESCRIPTION OF THEM.

1 hour ago, Lican said:

1. I am not aggressive. You may have read before that I am writing through a translator, maybe he doesn’t draw the true message of my words to you.

Well it was aggressive and incredibly rude to suggest that I owe some kind of debt to you and your family due to their sacrifice. Your exact words being, "I can show you the face of the person who saved you" and "who you owe to life and well-being".  Perhaps it's a language thing but whatever the reason that was damn rude.

As I said, you know nothing of my background so saying those kinds of things is spectacularly ignorant and arrogant. In WWII my family fought in the skies over Britain, Europe and Africa, and on the ground in North Africa, Europe, Burma and the Pacific. However the last thing I would do is start posting photos of them to complete strangers, telling them this is "the person who saved you". You should be able to know for yourself that that kind of behaviour is seriously out of line.

After that kind of rudeness I'm bowing out of this thread.

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic