Nostromo Airlock

22 hours ago, j_holtslander said:

Meanwhile I lay awake at night thinking about how cool and well done this project is. Hahaha

Thanks for the nice comment. 

The problem is that I tend to work in short bursts, followed by extended periods of inactivity, where I'm planning how I'll tackle the next problem. 

So a project can drag on forever. My last model took something like 19 months. It can be hard to sustain interest without getting distracted by ideas for 100 other models I'd like to build. 🙄

22 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great mini tutorial on how to use blue-stuff. Very clearly explained. I can see me using some of this at some point not too far away.

Glad to hear it!. Yeah, definitely get some, it's cheap, re-usable and very forgiving. There are a bunch of youtube videos showing how to use it as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

spacer.png

Just about done...

Some small details to add, maybe another weathering pass and then bodge together some kind of display case. I'm pleased with how it came together. My only regret is allowing a few problems along the way grind me to a halt. 

Here's the original Ron Cobb drawing:

spacer.png

Thanks for your patience and continued interest. I feel bad the build was so protracted.

I have a couple model ideas I'm dying to get stared on. Watch this space...

Peter

• Like 17