Racing Rupert Rabbit 1/12? Resin kit

Well I found this little guy on a Chinese Web site but couldn't find an original so ordered this one. As with most recast stuff it need quite a bit of work and rework after some primer spray. I also found out the halfords grey primer play nice with Alclad black primer and had to strip it off after the grey went on and  cracked. After that it re primed in gray and we are ready to paint but it's to cold at the moment. I mixed a mucky orange and dark grean for that carrot feel. 

And the pictures are all in reverse order

IMG-20190127-192458.jpg
IMG-20190127-192446.jpg
IMG-20190127-123851.jpg
IMG-20190126-220122.jpg
IMG-20190126-212724.jpg
IMG-20190121-191827.jpg
IMG-20190121-191816.jpg
IMG-20190119-145123.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 6

Looking forward to seeing how you paint this little guy up.

Sucks about the primer incompatibility. Having said that, at least it cracked now, rather then when you where half way through painting the model. Some paints just don't play nice with others.

Thank you for the link on this guy, ordered two for myself.

• Like 1

Started to paint Ruperts super moto... I pre shaded with some brown (that is completely washed in the picture) and then added orange colours, not sure if I want to go another shade lighter in the centre of the pannels...and I'm still unsure were to put the green go faster stripes. Might have to sketch some pictures out first. 

IMG-20190129-060348.jpg

@Crayons cheers and good on you for buying one you have to let me know if its as ruff as mine

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

Just an update for you. My two kits arrived today. And both are extremely well cast with no visible distortions. Even the casting plugs are small and very well placed. Really looking forward to making a start on them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Looks fun, where did you get them from, link seems to have gone? (Asking for a stash friend 😎)

From AliExpress, I got mine from here but other seller have decals that come with the kit. 

£16.46 | New Unassembled  1/12 Lovely Rabbit with Moto   Resin Kit DIY Toys Unpainted resin model 
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xkI0CSV

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got talking to a friend of mine that lives in Japan about this little rabbit on a scooter kit I had purchased. But told her I couldn't anything more out about it other than a brief appearance it made at WF 2018. She knew exactly what kit I was talking about.

https://www.swash-design2.com/kitspeed-freaks-studio

I recall you saying at the start of this thread you couldn't find an original, well here you go and Honey Bunny has two friends with what I am guessing might be a few more to come. I purchased Axell as well as Ace& Domi.

• Like 2

Oh cool, I didn't know Swash Design had their own website now. I bought some of their figures from HLJ years ago and they were amazing. Thanks for the link!

Will

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 2:56 AM, Crayons said:

Got talking to a friend of mine that lives in Japan about this little rabbit on a scooter kit I had purchased. But told her I couldn't anything more out about it other than a brief appearance it made at WF 2018. She knew exactly what kit I was talking about.

https://www.swash-design2.com/kitspeed-freaks-studio

I recall you saying at the start of this thread you couldn't find an original, well here you go and Honey Bunny has two friends with what I am guessing might be a few more to come. I purchased Axell as well as Ace& Domi.

Thank you for that link, definitely going o have or the Axell once Honey Bunny is finished.

2 hours ago, Steff84 said:

Is it 80 bucks worth? I was in the middle of the ordering process, when I realized it would cost me around 80-90. That's quit a lot for not a lot of details. I'm not sure yet. 

It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If you don't see $80+ in it, then I would say it is not worth it to you. Me personally, I have no issues with dropping that amount on a figure.

• 1 year later...

Well remembered this one, while Im weighing for delivery of some pain for another build I have a rummage about to see what was on the shelf of shame and I pulled this off. Just a start, added some light washes to give him a light brown colour and a pinkish inside the ears, going to have a go at the eyes next. 

IMG-20200326-193658.jpg
IMG-20200326-193650.jpg

• Like 1