Around the World Pedro Zanni's Fokker C.IV, 1/72 conversions

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Lovely work. A nice unusual subject. Looks very like an oversized DVII. Love the Avro ( autocorrect can be weird on this thing) btw.

Fokker continued to squeeze that lemon up to the Fokker F.32 giant passenger carrier that I am building on other thread.

One-idea-fits-all kind of solution.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo another Moa project,  great start, although apologies for my tardiness in missing the start.   Crikey all the issues you mention although this does give you the blank canvas you need to create your masterpieces.  Love the little Avro too.

Chris

😄

You are welcome at any point in any thread.

Yes, a bit of a struggle, but it has for example commendable thin tail feathers. So it's not all bad. Just almost all 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another pair of radiators is made for the second model. The landing gear fairing was given metal pins in place of the resin ones, which are 120% guaranteed to brake (I did both, even if only one model is going to be on wheels). Of course after I have done that, I looked at photos of the wheeled version and it's nothing like that, being comprised of three elements and bungee cord, thus, none will be utilized:

IMG_2483+%25281280x958%2529.jpg

The second fuselage is modified to match the first. The engine banks are given their exhausts:

IMG_2484+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 6

Congratulations Moa to you and Mrs Moa and your son and his family too, that's a cracking bit of news.  Wait til the little one starts climbing, the models will have to be kept out of the way!!!

Great work by the way, the cylinder banks and exhausts look good.

Chris

• Thanks 1

The kits' various parts look so delicate that I admire your courage to build this kits!!!

By the way, my congrats for the new family member! Another future scale modeller!!!

Edited by Shalako
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Congratulations to becoming a grand, and to your son and his wife as well.

I hope all is fine with them, especially in these times.

BTW, another interesting project, again.

Will be a joy to follow.

Thanks! An unexpected upside of the present situation is that we can't go, thus are spared the smelly nappies and cries!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Congratulations Moa. I understand being a grand parent you get to experience all the good parts of child rearing, but you can still give them back at the end of the day :) 

Thanks, Marklo.

I experience the nice photos. That's plenty enough for me. I look forward to meet my granddaughter when she is 30, and she can speak and eat properly, and is house-trained. Earlier would be too soon.

• Haha 6

On 1/27/2019 at 8:46 PM, Moa said:

Zero ribbing or scalloping detail:

IMG_1954+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

HI Moa,

I have some (too many) Omega kits which have rib details. After looking them I can say that you are lucky NOT to have them!

My congratulations for the family news too

Cheers,

AaCee!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Moa.  I have similar feelings about babies and young children! Much more interesting as they get older and you can actually have a sensible conversation with them.  Of course they have to be over the dreadful teen stage before this can occur.

AW

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Congratulations Moa.  I have similar feelings about babies and young children! Much more interesting as they get older and you can actually have a sensible conversation with them.  Of course they have to be over the dreadful teen stage before this can occur.

AW

😆

Agreed

And -after they have built a few models- I may allow them to be in my house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Small progress, as the election develops and we are closer to see if we can get rid of the ignorant and vulgar orange in office and restore some sanity to the world.

It's difficult to work as I have now bitten my fingernails up my elbows.

The second engine banks are made:

IMG_2485+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The small parts that were very difficult to extract and clean up due to a too thick casting web are recreated from scratch:

IMG_2486+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The oil coolers, absent from the kit, are also made:

IMG_2487+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 8

Congratulations on the new addition to the extended family!

Sweating out the election results here as well, having suffered some electoral disappointments already here in the Lone Star State.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Congratulations on the new addition to the extended family!

Sweating out the election results here as well, having suffered some electoral disappointments already here in the Lone Star State.

Thanks!

And I know... close, though. More than I expected. There is hope for the future. May be by 3084 civilization will reach the state 😆

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Congratulations Moa to you and Mrs Moa and your son and his family too, that's a cracking bit of news.  Wait til the little one starts climbing, the models will have to be kept out of the way!!!

Great work by the way, the cylinder banks and exhausts look good.

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moa said:

😆

Agreed

And -after they have built a few models- I may allow them to be in my house.

I tried to get my son interested in building models, but he much preferred to play computer games, which, judging from his reactions, were neither relaxing nor constructive.

AW

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Moa said:

There is hope for the future. May be by 3084 civilization will reach the state 😆

There are encouraging signs. For example, we can now purchase wine and sushi at grocery stores.

• Haha 1

Time to start adding surface detail to the flying surfaces. I still have to modify the top wing to augment the span, but started on the tail surfaces and lower wing. I was employing my usual method of masking and heavily priming to create rib relief, when I remembered seeing here at BM the use of enamel paint markers for the same purpose, so I am giving it a try. Very subtle scalloping of the trailing edge will follow:

IMG_2488+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

There is hope for the future. May be by 3084 civilization will reach the state 😆

All I can think of is when Ghandi was asked what he thought of western civilisation to which he replied ‘it would be a good idea’

Not to get all political but it is starting to look as if there may be some return to sanity in your neck of the woods. Perhaps this is the first sign of things returning to some semblance of normal, although we still have COVID,  Brexit and the impending ecological crisis(es?) (and my many medical conditions and wether I can get a job again) to get through yet.

Edited by Marklo