Around the World Pedro Zanni's Fokker C.IV, 1/72 conversions

Beautiful work

as always!

reading though some of the posts and about the perfection of modelling horizon reminds me, wasn't it you who came up with the term "the sanding event horizon" where you check fit, (too tight), sand a bit, check fit, (still too tight), sand a bit, check fit ...too loose?  

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, chrispisme said:

Beautiful work

as always!

reading though some of the posts and about the perfection of modelling horizon reminds me, wasn't it you who came up with the term "the sanding event horizon" where you check fit, (too tight), sand a bit, check fit, (still too tight), sand a bit, check fit ...too loose?  

Thanks Chris.

I preemptively deny any involvement.

• Haha 3

Making progress on both models. Model #2 (that will be on wheels) is about to receive the metal paint:

IMG_2931+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

As commented somewhere above, the resin struts and landing gears are very poor in many regards, and have very dubious mechanical strength, especially for a resin brick like this one.

I had resin models with their original landing gear splayed out in a couple years, as the resin unavoidably succumbs to gravity.

I started painting brass Strutz lengths to use in these models, but on second thought I just acquired a small soldering kit (more powerful than my electronics one) to teach myself to solder brass/copper and be able to do proper M and N struts, instead of bonding the lengths with cyanoacrylate glue as I normally do.

We'll see.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks Chris.

I preemptively deny any involvement.

Expecting a preemptive pardon, are you? Such are illegal according to the Constitution of the United Worlds of the Solar System.

• Haha 2

beautiful gloss shine!

Sunset aint too shabby either!!

Here in central Saskatchewan the sun rises in the southeast in the morning (morning being a relative term) if you still call 9:00 ish AM. morning and sets (also in the south) at about 4-4:30 CST

great for spending time in the model room (the lair as my wife calls it) building models. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a month, it will be two years since I started these two models. In the interim of course I have started and completed a not small number of other models, but the long time with these two speaks volumes about the bad quality of these Omega resins.

Omega is now, together with Merlin and the oldest Dujin kits, on my list of "do not buy" kits.

Details are added to the wings, aileron horns and cables, as well as some of the piping. Each tank had its own gauge (the stems in the clothespin), that will be added in position, behind the protrusions on the center of the wing, angled inwards to face the pilot :

IMG_2941+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Tail rigging, struts, control cables, tailskid and bumper are added to the fuselage of the second model:

IMG_2942+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 9

Although these Fokkers have been two years in the making, they're looking pretty neat and that's down to your dogged determination and skill. That green does nothing for me but with the contrasting aluminium it's growing on me.

10 hours ago, Moa said:

Omega is now, together with Merlin and the oldest Dujin kits, on my list of "do not buy" kits.

Wish I'd known this years ago, fortunately I don't have too many but then, if they are the only kids on the block...

Stuart

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Courageous said:

Although these Fokkers have been two years in the making, they're looking pretty neat and that's down to your dogged determination and skill. That green does nothing for me but with the contrasting aluminium it's growing on me.

Wish I'd known this years ago, fortunately I don't have too many but then, if they are the only kids on the block...

Stuart

There is no kit that can't be built. They only require infinite time, infinite patience, and infinite skills.

10 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Good progress and I hope you don't need to celebrate 3 years with these kits.

That wouldn't be a very happy BDay 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Moa said:

There is no kit that can't be built. They only require infinite time, infinite patience, and infinite skills.

And copious amounts of filler and sandpaper. And bourbon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1