Around the World Pedro Zanni's Fokker C.IV, 1/72 conversions

The second fuselage is given its interior and the deck glued on. Again due to poor fit putty is being applied. Here is where we are now with both models. A plethora of new struts and landing gear parts will have to be fabricated, as I don't trust the resin parts, which in the case of the landing gear legs are pretty poor anyway:

IMG_2666+%25281280x942%2529.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Thursday's post of interior parts is a veritable production line, impressive. Now they are all 'buttoned-up' and looking great. Good work Moa.

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart.

It is a slow going, but hopefully soon we will have a couple models ready to paint.

The good news: I already have the decal set commissioned from Arctic Decals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks.

A bit slow in these last stages, since the wheel has to be re-invented due to the mods and parts' substitution, but may still get there in the end.

Seems like you re-invent the wheel (and for the better!) with every model you build! I would gladly take some of your cast-off wheels.

• Haha 1

The first model so far. I forgot to paint the replacement strut material, and about the necessity of adding the horizontal tail and the fairing I fabricated (missing in the kit). I have to stain the prop, re-make all the struts, and paint the metal areas, plus paint the fin green:

IMG_2922+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

A different approach for model two, where the horizontal tail and its fabricated fairing are added at this stage. This second kit had much more surface blemishes, thus requiring even more work than the first. Bad resin kits are surely a pain in the tailcone. Of notice is that if you square the tail with the aft fuselage, it doesn't square with the front, a tribute to either a bad master or warping. And so it goes...

IMG_2923+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, Moa said:

Fortunately no issues with the floats' paint:

IMG_2861+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

There's nothing quite like the feeling of peeling off the masking tape and seeing that perfect painted curve emerge... kudos on this wonderful project Moa

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Courageous said:

I was thinking that too, I think they're decals.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Yes, they are Archer Fine Transfers resin-printed decals. That is, they have some 3D to them. They are very effective and they can be applied before (for a subtler effect) or after (for a more visible louver) painting.

They come in different sizes, grouped in strips that you cut to size as needed. They require a somewhat careful handling and they won't curve much, as they are resin.

• Thanks 1