Monogram Box-scale Cat ++ Finished++

On 2/9/2019 at 10:37 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Well, at least you know the rivets are there Cliff, onward and upward!

Thanks Ray.  In fact I've kept faith and there's been a miraculous reappearance of the new rivets.  Praise be!

P1100564.jpg

It seems that they are much more noticeable with a glossy finish (as are the bits of embedded dust etc ;)).  The final finish will be slightly satin, so hopefully I'll get the best of both worlds..... 

• Like 6

I finally got this finished :)

P1100567.jpg

The photo shows up two of the problems that I had along the way:

• I needed to apply 3 or 4 of my home-made decals to get the necessary colour density, so they're quite thick
  • my use of white primer under sea blue proved be a mistake, as you get a pronounced white line when the canopy masks are removed.

Needless to say both look fine in the flesh, so I won't be losing any sleep over them.

You also might just notice the bright red torpedoes - painted exactly as Monogram specify!  I quite like them now - as a nod to the kit's heritage.

Notice too the real rubber main wheels - not just the tyres, the whole wheels. The ultimate in authenticity.

Joking aside though, I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  As a bit of fun, here it is with two of its colleagues - a 1/96 Hellcat (Lindberg) and a 1/100 P-47 (Eldon).  To my eyes the mixed scales go together OK (the Catalina's about 1/104).

P1100574.jpg

I'll put some more photos in the Gallery, but in the meantime thank you to all who have supported this build and to Ray, Robert and Enzo for running things so well.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 8

On 2/15/2019 at 11:57 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Your Cat turned out good Cliff. :clap2:

10 hours ago, Col. said:

That is indeed a Cool Cat you have there Cliff :goodjob:

8 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Another terrific result Cliff. Well done, it's been great following this one. 

5 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Very nice Cliff, with regards to the primer showing on the canopy frames, perhaps try a dark wash to cover them up?

:thumbsup:

Thanks guys for your kind comments - they're much appreciated.

Ray, thanks too for your suggestion - I'll give it a go :thumbsup2:

Cliff

• Like 1