Modern Russian Pilot Uniform Colours

MarkEP

Hello everyone  

I'm new here, and I'm already impressed by the worldwide modelling contingent (that I hope include men AND women).  

Was wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction with respect to finding out the actual uniform colours for modern military Russian pilot uniform?  I've carried out a lot of searches online, but to no avail!  

My immediate plans are to build a collection of Sukhoi aircraft, commencing with (possibly, haven't fully decided) the 1/72 Su-24 from Zvezda.   Tiny figures (bought some from Pavla), I know, but what colour is their uniform? Where can I find out this information, with reference to manufacturers model paint types that are available in the UK?

• 3 months later...

About  one type Russian pilot uniform. This beautiful text 

probably written by a real fighter-bomber pilot, so I couldn’t help but put it here by editing slang and obscene language.

Original text & photo on Russian here:

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/594

"DeESka. 

Jacket flight technical demi-season.
 For obvious reasons, Godish* made it so that the flight crew washed down this jacket.  She became our answer to the American flight jackets BOMBER and PILOT.  Everything is made simple and ingenious.  Three layers.  Upper cotton.  For cheap.  Lining of some insulation.  And one more lining from windproof.  A huge collar of sheepskin wool, which can be put on end and zip up and DeESka turns into a house in which it is warm and cozy.

Pockets are sharpened by putting hands there.  (This is a big rarity in the army) Do not store any military garbage, namely, warm hands. Hands there comfortable and warm.  If you see a pilot who does not hold his hands in the pockets of DeESki, then this is some kind of infantryman took the jacket to wear it.  Two slant pockets outside under the Makarov pistol and a spare shop.  And an internal pocket for documents.There is still a (_censored_)**

not necessary pocket on the sleeve, but it is harmless, it does not interfere.  And still there is a hood hidden under a collar in a special pocket.  It is also sometimes a very necessary thing, by the way it is made of such a size so that it can be put on / put on*** (Leave me alone)** a hat.

Complete with a fleece buttoned under the throat and hands in flight gloves in the pockets creates an unsurpassed overpack**** in which there is no scary  cold frost**.
 I do not know the author of this product, but I thank him very much, as well as the prisoners, who sew such good jackets for pilots.  The only color is not for war, I am for change on a protective khaki color.

There is also a naked jacket made in the image and likeness of the DeESki (there is leather on top, and fur lining (in general, fashion for all Iamaformersquadroncommander*****) and a fur jacket. There is a removable cotton top, and the lining is already pure fur and an even bigger collar  DeESke. But she is very heavy and uncomfortable, and a padded jacket is not given everywhere.

In "very very remote airbase"**

given.  And "very very remote airbase"**

not worth a jacket.  Jacket DeESka is one of the few items of flight uniforms, which each Fighter-Bomber pilot must have in the amount of a pair of pieces for retirement.

Yes, there are much better civilian jackets that are moisture wicking, lightweight, breathable.  But only in a DeESke soaked with sweat to salt, weathered by all winds, and slightly smelling of aircraft fuel ****** and planes , will you sit somewhere on the bank of a river with a fishing tackle, or in a garage and remember the best moments of your fighter-bomb life."

6754719b12637c671d696.jpg

I don’t know how I managed to adapt this Russian text to English (perhaps adaptation is a complete disaster 🤗😶

), but in the original it’s beautiful (but with some ironic shadow),  just a poem about a Russian flying jacket.

B.R.

Serge

* - I tried to leave as in the original.  In the original, the word God is used in a caressing and pleasing context.

** - in original 

Russian obscene

would.

*** - in the original, the author sneers at his ignorance of the spelling rules of the Russian language.

**** - in original "uberkit"

***** - in original 

"I am a former squadron commander" written together - the author's irony.

****** - in original kerosene.

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 3