Me 264 V1 Amerika Bomber - 1:144 Anigrand Craftswork

Hello! Here is my Anigrand Craftswork 1:144 Messerschmitt Me 264 V1 which I built in 2012.

It represents RE+EN, the first prototype, at Lechfeld and Memmingen, Germany, in April-July 1944.

This resin kit was built mostly OOB just adding the radio mast, wing probe and retraction arms for the main u/c doors. Despite the weight I had put in the forward fuselage, it still ended up a tail-sitter so I glued a rod of clear sprue to the underside to have it sit on its wheels.

The kit was completely brush-painted with only the matt varnish being applied by airbrush. Weathering was kept minimal as this was a prototype but since I had modelled its final configuration, the noticeable exhaust plumes had to be dry-brushed on.

Thank you for looking and, as always, comments are welcome

Miguel

srOphryaPgG9iVfs45ZhXZGsqnH_0fNhVogQhtUJ

XX-tPRY7DeQhokFes1YFVRjdoukD9zkRh6CMQL_i

vqp7yViic2dcbZQGKDKuifor1xx0-UhIniVbRyA8

MtY7pK63B9n0skPRfnZ_kAHRbW5WhsbhOmbhI8L5

TJrbEZ0qabQ0vB_xLaYzLWAQtp7-n9kWluaYNe-9

ze3lTQjB0C8idbrv5LrAquZB7rSyuDMSWp41oDHC

RvQ15iitHKENKz_w_UfWoUMBV-MaSifKLYW3U2qb

4NatIMvqjtSuuf50OiqSe06m552pHUo8zhf-5nr-

sNFFac5tzPYNCB_SU99DH8TpyWWtQ-WrN0lj39Ih

o9VuZinCWtHU5_kG-OIiIoVucV1MnvnZCaoVsM8u

0eyy0_5L-Cc612XcIu7faXgn0VS7qyyQwJlzi8qP

d5e17-RLL3f3xlO78Cg-qabk8lSPfELzSOOSwBcX

dIb-HsAQmPQ5GukSkqgJK8XUZ-vACcYmeSEOY9qu

oLSm1cIkFZkGYqK6u8SJgS3dSbMLcaA_CE5t1YV0

gja3qIh9Ui9iaR6Jphz0x3xfh9MGEKRaUu-UNzFl

• Like 38

That is really interesting. I wonder if these can still be found.  You have done a good job of it as well. 

Ok I found it. Was it easy to put together being a resin kit?

Edited by Greg Law
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Greg Law said:

That is really interesting. I wonder if these can still be found.  You have done a good job of it as well. 

Ok I found it. Was it easy to put together being a resin kit?

Thank you Greg. As far as resin kits go it wasn't too hard. The parts in general fitted well but the joints did need some cleaning up. My notes mention I had some trouble with the tail area in part because of missing tabs. I also noted the main doors were tricky to separate. The major work was with the clear parts which were a bit narrower than the fuselage but had a bit of a step at the top. I sanded the fuselage on the sides and the clear part on top to blend the join. The instructions were useless as far as painting was concerned. I had to check references and some builds of the Special Hobby 1:72 kit on internet to use as a guide.

12 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Amazing brushpainting, it shows me that I still have a lot to go to achieve such paintjob. What type paints and brand do you use?

Thanks a lot Sturmovik. In this case I used acrylics (as I do mostly). I used paints from my slowly dwindling supply of PollyScale. Even though I painted by brush, I masked the splinter pattern to get straight lines.

Miguel

Edited by Mig88
Added to reply
  • Like 2

Thanks Miguel,

I have a book on this plane because I have always been interested in it since I started making one for cfs3. Never did finish it. It is also interesting to me because it really did exist. What size is the model?

• Thanks 1