Spitfire to the rescue - COMPLETED

Rejoining with this Spitfire22.

BoxArt.jpg

Following the canopy loss from my Fiat.

Parts, canopy safely in that bag.

Parts.jpg

This option, if that's OK.

Silver.jpg

This one cost me £6.99 on Amazon in Sept 2013.

I've got another that cost £2.99 from Home Bargains - and an idea to swap the laminar wing onto a highback Gryphon fuselage for a Spitfire 21.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
More info
  • Like 8

• Mike changed the title to Spitfire to the rescue
On 1/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've got another that cost £2.99 from Home Bargains - and an idea to swap the laminar wing onto a highback Gryphon fuselage for a Spitfire 21.

Spitfire 21 was the high-back version of this build aircraft.  All but one of them being built at South Marston, Swindon.

Nothing remains of that factory now, built over by Honda's Swindon assembly plant.

However, the Supermarine legacy remains with a sports club near the site named Supermarine.  And it includes an Archery club called Supermarine, at which I competed tournaments in 2012, 13 and 14.  Their clubhouse has Spitfire oriented decorations, for which they are rightly proud.

All my previous Spitfires are WW2 and Merlins, let me know if you want to see a Spitfire Parade here.

10 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Stencils not installed - but they are now.

Didn't notice a thing. :D Nice job all around Tim, I'm guessing it won't be your last Griffon Spitfire. I for one just love the look of them & yours doesn't disappoint at all. :)

Steve.

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm guessing it won't be your last Griffon Spitfire. I for one just love the look of them & yours doesn't disappoint at all. :)

Confirming that this won't be the last.  Another copy of this kit , an Airfix Spitfire XIX, a Fujimi Spitfire PR19, and Academy Spitfire XIV lurking in my stash.

And a rough plan to combine a laminar wing with a high-back fuselage to create a Spitfire 21 - plenty more fun to be had with Gryphons. 😎

Now I'm off to complete that Fiat.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
More info
  • Like 3