Kitbashing Lancia Stratos HF - Hasegawa and Italeri 1/24

mack

Hello,

Although experienced with model aeroplanes I'm a total newbie in car kits with just a couple of military soft skins under my belt.

I would like to build a rally Lancia Stratos from a Hasegawa kit, but those versions are hardly available. As the regular "Lancia Strados HF Stradale" seems easier to get, I'm thinking of kitbashing the competition related components from the Italeri kit.

Opinions and recommendations are welcomed as any advice regarding aftermarket details that might help this project.

Best regards,

Iulian    

18 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

Hasegawa versions are still available. Did you have a particular colour scheme that you wanted to build? 

Hard to answer... Alitalia would be the challenging option (large decals), Michele Mouton's solid blue the "easiest" one. In the end any version would work for me, apart Safari Rally (too cluttered under cages and spares) and Turbo (I totally dislike the over sized front spoiler). Any recommendations / were to buy from?

Regards,

Iulian           

2 hours ago, mack said:

Hard to answer... Alitalia would be the challenging option (large decals), Michele Mouton's solid blue the "easiest" one. In the end any version would work for me, apart Safari Rally (too cluttered under cages and spares) and Turbo (I totally dislike the over sized front spoiler). Any recommendations / were to buy from?

Regards,

Iulian           

The Alitalia version is available at Plaza models Japan (link below) Also plenty on eBay too at various prices..

https://www.plazajapan.com/4967834252325/?setCurrencyId=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoCQdxdsugcOig2PETYEq6g-uF_7-MpAGriEUewtnnpdqkpauzWUnT8aAvk0EALw_wcB

Hope this helps...

Oh, also, don't be put off by the Alitalia versions decals. They are not as challenging as you might think. As long as you set about the task of applying them with the right mindset and some patience, you won't go far wrong with them...

Edited by Steve Noble
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2019 at 13:05, mack said:

Hello,

Although experienced with model aeroplanes I'm a total newbie in car kits with just a couple of military soft skins under my belt.

I would like to build a rally Lancia Stratos from a Hasegawa kit, but those versions are hardly available. As the regular "Lancia Strados HF Stradale" seems easier to get, I'm thinking of kitbashing the competition related components from the Italeri kit.

Opinions and recommendations are welcomed as any advice regarding aftermarket details that might help this project.

Best regards,

Iulian    

Hi lulian

I've no experience with the hasegawa kits, but have built with the italeri kit and found that the 'basics' were fine to work with. As always with kitbashing there's a lot of scratch work and faffing around, but that's the part I like 😁

I used an aftermarket engine kit listed here https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=2359 which was very easy to work with, and dropped straight into the kit engine mounts.

Decals on the italeri kits were fair quality too, needed some colour matching to paint in the parts I was exposing (and a few boo boos) but overall pretty good.

Not to throw shade at Italeri, but I can only imagine the hasegawa kit decals are of a better quality? 😮😮😮

either way, have fun!

Can't wait to see the results on here (hopefully)

Paul

• Like 1