Sd.Kfz. 165 Hummel 1/35 Dragon

Hello, thought I'd show the build I've just finished. It's not that great if I'm honest but making it got me through a tough time, I love how this hobby can be therapeutic sometimes. 

Had a bit of a job with the individual track links. It's the second time I've used them (first time on an Italeri Tiger tank) and found it much more difficult this time. I nearly gave up. Or more precisely, nearly punched the model. 

This is the first Dragon kit I've tried and found it ok, there are a couple of figures and a horse with the kit which I didn't build. 

I decided to do a winter scheme on a whim, as the instructions depicted a spring and autumn scheme. 

I'm still very much learning the art of weathering and just do what feels right. Sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. Maybe I will get there one day.

Apologies for the poor photos. I cant master that at all. 

I'm off now to face the dilemma of what to get out of the stash cupboard. 

All the best, Martin 

20190126_11422920190126_11450720190126_11451920190126_11444420190126_11421720190126_11414920190126_11392220190126_11380320190126_113821

• Like 9

Great build on your Hummel.

Just a little side note in future check reference on vehicle colours as the Hummel never rolled out until some time in early 43 and by that time Dunkelgrau dark grey was phased out in favour of Dunkelgelb dark Yellow.

Not a nit pick just a helping hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karlj72 said:

Great build on your Hummel.

Just a little side note in future check reference on vehicle colours as the Hummel never rolled out until some time in early 43 and by that time Dunkelgrau dark grey was phased out in favour of Dunkelgelb dark Yellow.

Not a nit pick just a helping hand.

Thanks mate. I'm happy with all comments. I admit I'm not a stickler for authenticity and sometimes just paint off the top of my head. I went with white as I was experimenting and at the time didn't have the energy to do a camouflage scheme. 

All the best, Martin 

7 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Regardless of the base color Martin it still looks good. Those indy link tracks can be a real bugger sometimes

but the turned out ok, the sag on top is just right.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks mate, yes these tracks in particular seemed difficult. They are only 12mm wide and have 2 contact points, so very fiddly. I got there in the end though.

All the best, Martin 

Oh yes, as far as punching the model goes that doesn't work nearly as well as a size 13 4E boot on a $350 Trumpeter 1/16 scale Jagdtiger. after 6 weeks work.

That worked really well and was rather final, well after 2 or 3 stomps anyway.  Temper, temper, thought I outgrew that but maybe not, LOL.

I waited almost a year to get a replacement Jagdtiger and didn't wear my boots while I built the 2nd one.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Haha 1