Su-27M T10M-1 Prototype 701 + 710 and 711 added

• 2 months later...

Really nice models, love the Flanker family of aircraft. One question, on the right wing of 701 what is the paint marking on the upper surface?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Deano353 said:

One question, on the right wing of 701 what is the paint marking on the upper surface? 

These are the sealing compounds which protect strain gauges used to measure the structural loads during the flight tests. Also starboard fin has such of stripe.

Su-30MKI "blue 02" has similar patches as well.

1571228.jpg?v=v40

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Wow, simply wonderful. I've only just discovered the wonderful world of Flankers, having completed one GWH Flanker with another in build, so I am paying more attention to other Flanker builds now. It's nice to see some of the various one-offs getting some attention. A very fine collection you have there.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I don’t know how I missed this posting.  The attention to detail and the overall accuracy is incredibly impressive.  Any adjective describing something positive in nature fits perfectly for this…………..PERFECT subject.  I commend you and stand in awe. :worthy:

Mike 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I don’t know how I missed this posting.  The attention to detail and the overall accuracy is incredibly impressive.  Any adjective describing something positive in nature fits perfectly for this…………..PERFECT subject.  I commend you and stand in awe. :worthy:

Thank you, I've got some more in the pipeline!

• Like 1