Modern Russian Pilot Uniform Colours

MarkEP

Hello everyone

I'm new here, and I'm already impressed by the worldwide modelling contingent (that I hope include men AND women).

Was wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction with respect to finding out the actual uniform colours for modern military Russian pilot uniform?  I've carried out a lot of searches online, but to no avail!

My immediate plans are to build a collection of Sukhoi aircraft, commencing with (possibly, haven't fully decided) the 1/72 Su-24 from Zvezda.

Tiny figures (bought some from Pavla), I know, but what colour is their uniform? Where can I find out this information, with reference to manufacturers model paint types that are available in the UK?

5 hours ago, MarkEP said:

I'm new here, and I'm already impressed by the worldwide modelling contingent (that I hope include men AND women).

Hello Mark... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago. Yes there are Men and women here. I even know of at least one 7-8 yr old girl, who builds models with her father. Now as for the Russian uniform color. I was able to find this photo taken in Syria recently, I hope that helps ? 

txXVq0d.jpg

You may want post this question in the Modern aviation section ? You're more likely to get more traffic there. 

Dennis

Hello Dennis!

Thanks ever so much for the feedback and the amazing photo of the Su-34 with the crew - as well as where best it may be for me to post my RFI!

It's great to hear that this is a diverse multi-national community.

- Somewhat saddened though that a number of the crew members were lost during training in two Su-34's last week in The Sea of Japan, and the also three of four crew in a Tu-22 that broke it's back on landing in a heavy snowstorm too last week :(

Have utmost respect for the crews - from all nations and countries, West or East.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome from another newb!

WOW, good question on the modern Russian uniform! Part of the problem you might be having is, such dramatic changes in their military structure over the years. On 1 August 2015, the Russian Air Force, along with the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces and the Air Defense Troops, were merged into a new branch of the Armed Forces, now officially called the Russian Aerospace Forces. Perhaps a good starting point might be their website for their air force.

Your Google search should include "Russian Aerospace Uniforms", in my opinion.

This is an interesting topic for an American, as our President has indicated he'd want a U.S. Space Force. The liberals here are quick to make fun of this notion, but it's ironic that Russia has already essentially, done this by merging forces to include...wait for it....a.....Space Force 🤣 No matter your personal views, you just have to laugh at how children play! Truly, sorry for the slight political twist here...I am NOT that kind a guy, but I just find it funny as hell.

Brilliant comment! Thank you.

A large part of model-making (what an understatement!) is reading and research; probably more than model-making itself (well, it is for me)!

I'm checking the link out...

Gidday MarkEP, It appears we think on similar lines. Your sadness at the loss of the aircrews is to your credit. I think that all members of an armed force (and civilian for that matter), whether land, sea or sky, male or female, are ultimately serving their country and should be respected for it.

As for research, yeah it can take up a bit of time. When I took up the hobby continually a little over twenty years ago my models (Airfix ships in 1/600 scale) were all OOB, but as I gained experience I've started to modify them for accuracy and variety, hence research. To each their own, but for me (and it appears you too) it is time well spent.

And Whiterook, don't you guys already have a space force? I'm sure I saw a movie that depicted it. 'Moonraker' I think it was called! 😁

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1