Airfix 1/72 Avro Anson conversion- The Kit That Came From the Unknown

On 1/31/2019 at 12:15 AM, Moa said:

You British and your strange ways! :blink:

That's us. That's why we're all kept together on a little island away from the rest of the world 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Moa said:

Explain my then why did you let my wife escape and meet me?

I may claim reparations!

Just occasionally, we let one out to try and educate the poor impoverished nations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:46, Moa said:

Explain me then why did you let my wife escape and meet me?

I may claim reparations!

You should have done your research properly before you married her. Eccentrics are a well known export of these islands.

Sympathetic of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Dry run. The previous owner partial build forced this approach, which is not the most comfortable. The addition of the side windows will be a little challenging, they will have to be glued either to the upper shell/roof or the fuselage before uniting those parts:
IMG_2111+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2112+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Edited by Moa
  • Like 6

Hi Moa,

Interesting project. I have been thinking something similar from the old but pretty accurate Airfix kit using the extra late-type engines and turret coaming from the Special Hobby Anson Mark I early-kit. There is also a late-type vacuform canopy available from Falcon.

Cheers,

AaCee 

• Like 1

The windows are glued to the upper shell:

IMG_2220+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2221+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The upper shell is glued to the fuselage:

IMG_2222+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Finally -after adding the windshield and aft skin- I will be able to complete the fuselage:

IMG_2223+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Hum, wait...did I just forget to glue the roof windows....yes I did!

Will try to press them in cautiously, if they fall in I can still retrieve them. If that doesn't work then window-maker liquid will do.

Sigh...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian says I am good at mess so I quite like it.

Martian 👽

I am inclined to think (not sure if the following is true, though) that it is because of the slime some Martians seem to be covered on according to SciFi B movies. Especially those with many tentacles.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Moa said:

I am inclined to think (not sure if the following is true, though) that it is because of the slime some Martians seems to be covered on according to SciFi B movies. Especially those with many tentacles.

No, she says that I am simply genetically incapable of tidying up after myself. Mind you, there has been plenty of slime with this bug I have had.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

As the fuselage approaches priming stage, I am wondering about the decoration, trying to chose among several subjects.

Would it be reasonably to assume that EI-AHO is green and silver (white cabin roof, black anti-glare panel)? (image from http://www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/airfields/por.html , but it doesn't have a direct link to it):

EI-AHO.jpg

BSX00043.jpg

IMG_2346+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 5

I'm liking this a lot Moa, some top modelling on display as we've come to expect from you, not that we're taking you for granted I hasten to add. ;) At least I feel I can maybe aspire to replicating your technique after a fashion.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't assist much with the colour of EI-AHO but it was originally G-AHNT and I found this picture

Anson-G-AHNT-in-Sudan-1956-Britten-Norma

Belonged to a company called Crop Culture Ltd and from the discussion that had this photo, someone asked for confirmation that the house colours were red/ silver. No one could confirm...

Does this help or confuse?

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1