New guy from the USA!

Whiterook

Howdy, all!

My close friends call me Em (short for Emery), so feel free to call me Em 😁 

I just joined this cool looking and informative forum. I came across it in a search and was very impressed...so much so, I registered almost immediately!

Like so many others here, I came back to model building after many years away. I built them in my teens mostly, but stopped somewhere around High School....so that's the mid to late 70's....

But then decades later in 2008, I joined my first ever forum (Armchair General Forum) on a whim due to my love of history. I found my way to their modeling area and was AMAZED! I couldn't believe the level of artistry and skill in much of the work I saw, and how far beyond what I remembered the hobby to be. It was on that forum that I joined my first Group Build, and started work on my first model in at least 3-decades....a German Panther. I then joined a forum called World War Two Zone, and became a Super Moderator there, primarily developing and running a Wargaming section there and participating in their modeling section. I then started my own forum, which morphed a couple times into what it is today, called Wargaming DropZone. It has a small model building section there but, it is primarily a wargaming site.

I would say I'm a fair modeler, but certainly not at the master-level. I've competed in a few IPMS shows and won medals.

Work has been crazy, workload-wise the past year so, my hobbies have found their way on the back burner, but I've started 2019 with the desire to get models back on my workbench, and hence needing inspiration around a great group of Modelers. hence...my dropping in!

I'm very excited to be here!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Welcome aboard ...love to see some of your builds!

cheers, Jan

Thanks, Jan! Yes, I'll certainly post build pics I have left. I was one of those unfortunate fools that had my stiff on PhotoBucket (picture storage/sharing service), but when they went with charging a rather high price for the service, I had to cut ties. My build pics were unfortunately not managed well by myself, in not keeping adequate backups. Arg!

I did manage to rescue a few from various flashdrives. Some unfortunately converted to thumbnails, and I have no idea why or how that happened, and have not been able to figure out how to get them full sized again without sever pixelation. Regardless, I'll get what I have posted; and take new finished photos of the models I have left (I tend to donate models to others).

• Thanks 1