Hurricane protype canopy options

wombat

So, you can buy a decalset which includes the prototype and I reckon convert the Airfix ragwing...except...I cannot find anyone who makes the canopy. It’s quite different from the production type, and of course being a transparency can hardly be shaped from what’s provided.  Has anyone cracked this problem?

The canopy in the Airfix fabric wing is in fact, much closer to the later style canopy fitted to the prototype, it being too tall for the kit! 

as seen here

Hurricane_AF_fabric_canopy_IMG_0374.jpg&

the prototype canopy  is deeper,   this was changed on the production variants.

see

But, converting the kit to the prototype is an awful lot of work, there are many changes to be made,  

There have been threads on this before, with all you need to know, I'll go on a hunt and edit in some links  and pics  later.  

This is the best thread

Note the drawings in post #7,  they also show an early hurricane, and the differences,  plus the prototype developed so there are a series of changes,  the easiest is the last configuration

canopy

hurr1-1.jpg&key=a7643081c9d56948464d2ed8

Compare,  note the deeper prototype canopy, as well as the very different fuselage panelling,  there is a list in the linked thread.

Early_Hurricane_Mk_I_on_test.jpg