Dora Wings 1/72 Percival Proctor III

Just after Christmas I was delighted to find this kit on Ebay. It was released in 2017, but somehow escaped my attention.
31921571967_e7bebeab02_o.jpgProctor (1) w by Philip Pain, on Flickr

31921829547_fbb7f3e06e_o.jpgProctor (2) w by Philip Pain, on Flickr
It comes with no less than five military options, and includes optional parts for all the early Proctors, plus the Vega Gull. However the only canopy included is for the Proctor 3. It has etched brass parts, canopy mask (for painting), no less than three tail wheels, two propellors and spinners, and a pile of optional seat parts, none of which are explained in the instructions. The overall quality and detail is excellent, but as I soon discovered it requires very careful and fiddly assembly, and if parts are not trimmed exactly to fit there are knock on problems later on. The extensive instruction sheet compounds the problem by not clearly showing where some parts are meant to fit.

I'm not going to illustrate all of the build, so this will be a short thread;
31921572367_808194688c_o.jpgProctor (5) w by Philip Pain, on Flickr
This photo shows the best part of a week's work. There are no less than 60 parts already assembled in this photo!
The interior colours took quite some research for my chosen model, and no interior colour guidance is given in the instructions. The propellor was unlikely to rotate, or likely to fall off, so I'm making a new shaft, etc.

31921571277_1804605120_o.jpgProctor (6) w by Philip Pain, on Flickr
There is one obvious error in the kit, which does not include the curved underside fairing for the engine. Yet strangely one of the assembly drawings in the instructions does show it. So I fashioned mine with modelling putty, having first put the kit's engine exhaust in place.

Painting is now well underway.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, Acklington said:

There is one obvious error in the kit, which does not include the curved underside fairing for the engine. Yet strangely one of the assembly drawings in the instructions does show it. So I fashioned mine with modelling putty, having first put the kit's engine exhaust in place.

I think the part is provided in the photoetched fret as part 2, so it can properly render the thin "lip" effect:

(link to an image posted here at BM:

IIIb.jpg&key=e0b6b07d90d4be3ff39a4002a51