Greetings from yet another Aussie

milesburchell

Hello from Sydney,

It's been a good 5-10 years, but it seems my childhood hobbies of scale modelling and diorama building have returned, from pillaging my parent's wallets to pillaging mine. I build planes, tanks, ships... anything small! 1/72 or smaller is the most fun. As an upcoming project, I'll be doing a full 1/72 Spanish Civil War aircraft set including a Bf109E-1, Ju87B-1, He111E, SM.79, CR.32, SB-2, I-16, I-15 and G-23 (FF), for which I have all the kits ready to go. Hopefully I can finish them sometime before I die.

I shall see you in the build threads!

Edited by milesburchell
  • Like 1

And another one returns after about 52 years. Has it really been that long? Some things have changed others remain the same. I have nearly finished a 1/72 Bell  Airacobra (decals to yet go on) and am currently working on an 1/72 Airfix Hudson. 

I look forward to seeing your comments and efforts in the build threads.🖖

• Like 1

Hello @milesburchell & @Alan G ... :welcome: to you both from Chicago USA. Yes its always nice to return to your youthful hobbies. 

2 hours ago, milesburchell said:

I'll be doing a full 1/72 Spanish Civil War aircraft set including a Bf109E-1, Ju87B-1, He111E, SM.79, CR.32, SB-2, I-16, I-15 and G-23 (FF), for which I have all the kits ready to go.

Definitely be keeping an eye open for these builds. I myself have an Bf-109D and Ju-86, ready to go from the SCW in the near future. 

2 hours ago, Alan G said:

I have nearly finished a 1/72 Bell  Airacobra (decals to yet go on) and am currently working on an 1/72 Airfix Hudson. 

I shall also keep an eye out for these. My screen name addresses my Favorite aircraft of the WW2 era. My 2nd favorite is the P-39 Airacobra and have many of them built. 

Dennis

Gidday Miles, I'm another newbie, from West Oz (Yeah, I know, almost a foreigner 😁). My passion is WWII vintage warships in 1/600, mainly Airfix. Unfortunately with me, passion doesn't relate to skill. Oh well. Regards, Jeff.