Tamiya 1-350 Bismarck.

surfsup

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, surfsup said:

It has been a long Time since I have been on these Boards so I thought I might post what I am building now. Will be starting work tonight.....Cheers Mark

100-2118.jpg

Hope you don't mind me saying, I like the tiger background, is that a blanket or duvet cover? I like it, looks really great.

And in the meanwhile, hope your building of the Bismarck goes smoothly and trouble free. I can see from the photos, you seems to be doing really amazingly good.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, Jerry L said:

As with everything you have done so far on the Bismarck, just great! Am looking forward to the completed ship.

Thanks Jerry and so am I.....Cheers Mark

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, BeltArmor said:

Looking great Mark

Lee

Thanks for your comments my fellow Sandgroper.....Cheers Mark

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Major Eazy said:

Hope you don't mind me saying, I like the tiger background, is that a blanket or duvet cover? I like it, looks really great.

And in the meanwhile, hope your building of the Bismarck goes smoothly and trouble free. I can see from the photos, you seems to be doing really amazingly good.

Thanks for your comment my Friend and it's actually a Quilt Cover.....Cheers Mark

OK just a quick update. Her aft Superstructure is now basically complete. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

• Like 7

Gidday Mark, You've done a very impressive job of this model. Superb in fact. I have a question if I may? Are the twin 10.5cm AA guns permanently attached yet? I hope not. I read in a book (Anatomy of the Ship) a few years ago that Bismarck only had the forward four mountings fitted initially, the rear four were fitted later, and were different to the forward mountings. The forward mountings were Dopp LC/31 mountings, the after mountings were Dopp LC/37 (the mounts with the short roof at the back) and were the same as those fitted to Tirpitz. From what I recall, your starboard side mountings are correct but the port side mountings need to be switched, front pair to rear and vice versa. I have plans in front of me right now, but before you do anything please check my facts, I have been wrong before. A photo of Bismarck in Norway, taken from Prinz Eugen, seems to confirm this however. If I am correct I felt I should mention it before it became too late to change them. 

And I repeat, you have done a very impressive model. My hat is off to you. (But not for long, it shows my bald spot!) 😁 Regards, Jeff.

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Mark, You've done a very impressive job of this model. Superb in fact. I have a question if I may? Are the twin 10.5cm AA guns permanently attached yet? I hope not. I read in a book (Anatomy of the Ship) a few years ago that Bismarck only had the forward four mountings fitted initially, the rear four were fitted later, and were different to the forward mountings. The forward mountings were Dopp LC/31 mountings, the after mountings were Dopp LC/37 (the mounts with the short roof at the back) and were the same as those fitted to Tirpitz. From what I recall, your starboard side mountings are correct but the port side mountings need to be switched, front pair to rear and vice versa. I have plans in front of me right now, but before you do anything please check my facts, I have been wrong before. A photo of Bismarck in Norway, taken from Prinz Eugen, seems to confirm this however. If I am correct I felt I should mention it before it became too late to change them. 

And I repeat, you have done a very impressive model. My hat is off to you. (But not for long, it shows my bald spot!) 😁 Regards, Jeff.

Thanks for your Comments Jeff much appreciated. Yes I know about the mix up and only spotted while looking at the Ship later. It has been rectified.....Cheers mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK have done some work on her Work Boats and Catapault so they are also now onboard. More to come soon.....Cheers Mark

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments Gents much appreciated. The following Posts are what I have done since them as I have been tied up with work so these are the catch ups. She is now basically fitted out except for Rigging and Railings.....Cheers mark

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

• Like 3

OK her Arados are now onboard and except for some tidying up her Rigging is basically complete. More to come soon.....Cheers Mark

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

• Like 5