1937 Empire Air Day, Duxford,.....in colour!

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

Here is a link to the 1937 Empire Air Day at Duxford in colour with Gloster Gauntlet`s and Avro Tutors;

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-empire-day-at-duxford-1937-online?fbclid=IwAR3R6G4tqdCqDSpVvJqTJHwZNz7hZ2bdqgiuB3qw3kZF7m1-S8tMH4VHSpo

• Like 4

Fantastic find, Tony. Thanks for sharing that, absolutely loved it.

1 hour ago, cngaero said:

That last take off was a bit hairy to say the least. 

I think they did that on purpose. 'Crazy Flying'. Oh no, someone's stolen the Tutor! Look out he's going to crash!

Happy Day's.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Fantastic find, Tony. Thanks for sharing that, absolutely loved it.

I think they did that on purpose. 'Crazy Flying'. Oh no, someone's stolen the Tutor! Look out he's going to crash!

Happy Day's.

That would explain it. Mind you, should have seen me in a Piper Warrior in a cross wind!!! 

• Haha 2

I was able to watch it despite being outside the UK. Maybe they make an exception for Ireland?

The last take off was probably crazy flying and they seemed to have a very relaxed attitude to airshow safety. 

Great find Tony. Would that we could go back in time for an afternoon to see the real thing! Golden era indeed. 

• Like 1

Glad you like it folks and sorry for those outside the UK,..... I didn`t realise that there was a block.

As others have said,...... Crazy Flying was a common airday act for the inter war RAF,........ but he is certainly going for it in that Tutor isn`t he!!! 

Cheers for the info re the Gauntlet John,...... I did notice the wing markings too.

All the best

Tony