I Need a Mortgage for a Book!

Kingsman

I picked up a copy from AbeBooks just before Christmas for about £20 delivered. Also I suspect you are aware there is a revised expanded version by M D Taylor that includes Hodges original text and info - https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30143622081&searchurl=tn%3DBritish%2BMilitary%2BMarkings%2B1939-1945%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-image6

Try Abe and they do come up on eBay at a lot lower prices.

HTH

P

Edited by PDH
  • Like 1

On the weekend I was looking for a book on WW2 Coastal Forces - over $US 3000 on Amazon then I found the latest version on Book Depository for less then $NZ60.  No guessing which one is on it way to my mail box.

Yet another example of a market sector where V for vintage has become V for Very F Expensive!  We're all used to seeing exorbitant prices for "rare" (and some not-so-rare) books but this was the worst I'd come across myself.  It seems that sellers think they can get away with it on Amazon because people might not know or think to look elsewhere and they are probably trading on the Amazon brand strength.

Shopping around and being prepared to wait are the keys to VFM meaning Value For Money and not Very much F Money!  

I used to teach purchasing and supply chain management in UK MOD as well as doing it for 25+ years, and if I had £ or $ for every time I've said that "must have it NOW" means write a blank cheque, then I'd be rich.  Like letting depot stock run down because we can just buy it quickly if we need it for another deployment, can't we...........  Yes, probably - but only at the price of he who has it in stock, which will likely be the most expensive because the cheaper stocks are all out of stock in the quantities you need.