Luft46, Panzer46 & Hikoki46 GB #24 so far for 2021

JOCKNEY

Ladies and Gents

Having had an interest in Luft46 aircraft with the amazing concepts what better opportunity to bring them all together in one place with a dedicated Group Build.

So what I hear you say is Panzer46 ? 

This is the AFV equivalent something that until brought to my attention by our very own @Enzo Matrix I was completely unaware of.

Also Hikoki46 which is the japanese equivalent of Luft46, yes everydays a school day !

So spread the word and let's try for a slot in 2021

cheers Pat

List of participants are :

1. @JOCKNEY

2. @Mig Eater

3. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

4. @Mike

5. @Mottlemaster

6. @Plasto

7. @German Armour ex Panther II

8. @Sturmovik

9. @Arniec

10. @Angus Tura

11. @Hockeyboy76

12. @trickyrich

13. @TonyTiger66

14. @Silenoz

15. @Robert

16. @Adam Poultney

17. @LostCosmonauts

18. @Dermo245

19. @SafetyDad

20. @Walter

21. @Kushan_Farsight

22. @Erwin

23. @nimrod54

24. @stevehnz

• Like 1

Hello Pat quick question if i may ? The Luft’46 subjects would they need be an actual kit designed as such. That or could someone take an existing design say a Bf 109 or He 219 and modify it in some way to be a newer version. For example the Bf109 with a 4 or even 5 blade propellor. Or an He-219 with different radar ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 17:33, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Pat quick question if i may ? The Luft’46 subjects would they need be an actual kit designed as such. That or could someone take an existing design say a Bf 109 or He 219 and modify it in some way to be a newer version. For example the Bf109 with a 4 or even 5 blade propellor. Or an He-219 with different radar ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis

You are very welcome, I must admit I hadn't considered that, I was basing it on any designs or prototypes from the period. If you find a drawing of a Bf109 with a multi-bladed prop, or modified He-219 it's a goer as far as I'm concerned.

I have quite a few books on the subject so will have a look for you, although this is an excellent place for reference 

http://www.luft46.com/

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I just spent way too long looking at that.  I could probably be convinced to take part, although 2020 still seems quite a way off.  I have a few subjects I could build, but you know my track record with deadlines :hmmm:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just spent way too long looking at that.  I could probably be convinced to take part, although 2020 still seems quite a way off.  I have a few subjects I could build, but you know my track record with deadlines :hmmm:

Hi Mike

Guilty as charged on both counts, but you are very welcome to this potential GB.

Cheers Pat

34 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

you are very welcome to this potential GB

Ideally get 16 potential Inc me, or has the number changed? I can't remember anymore as Enzo has been doing such a fine job I've not been involved much. :blink:

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Ideally get 16 potential Inc me, or has the number changed? I can't remember anymore as Enzo has been doing such a fine job I've not been involved much. :blink:

I think it's 30 plus now, Enzo has very high standards, and completely agree he does an excellent job of keeping us all in line ! :fight:

cheers Pat

58 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Hi Pat

Can i put my name down for this one . Plenty of subjects on my to do shelf ,infact Luft46 have taken up a shelf .

regards

Alistair

Hi Alistair

You are most welcome Sir, a whole shelf of Luft46 must look very impressive, any chance of a picture to wet the appetite ?

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

On 27/01/2019 at 10:36, JOCKNEY said:

I think it's 30 plus now, Enzo has very high standards, and completely agree he does an excellent job of keeping us all in line ! :fight:

cheers Pat

I'd agree with that :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Plasto said:

I’ll take part....

You are very welcome, great to have you with us

cheers Pat

5 hours ago, Panther II said:

Maybe I could join.................................... Maybe.

Brilliant, are you going to be building something from Panzer46 ?

cheers Pat

Can I make a helpful suggestion that would potentially increase the number of people who might participate? Expand it to any country in 1946. There's just as much on the allies side that got cut or curtailed that were just as fantastic but cut short by the war's end. These are just a small slice of the ideas: XB-35, De Havilland Vampires, the Centurion Mk.1, Boeing X8F, the Ryan DarkShark, Supermarine Spiteful, Kyushu J7W, the IJN A-150 Battleship project, USS Midway Supercarriers... all cool stuff. 

Identifying them wouldn't be that tough. I'd suggest the rules be something like, designed to meet some WWII purpose, and had a first flight or entry into service in 1945~46. I think it would be cool to see stuff like Arados 234 being built along side the Vampires. 

Edited by -Neu-
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

You are very welcome, great to have you with us

cheers Pat

Brilliant, are you going to be building something from Panzer46 ?

cheers Pat

I don't know yet. I might build something if I find a good kit. I also could build something Luft46' also. Just depends on what I find.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 05:05, -Neu- said:

Can I make a helpful suggestion that would potentially increase the number of people who might participate? Expand it to any country in 1946. There's just as much on the allies side that got cut or curtailed that were just as fantastic but cut short by the war's end. These are just a small slice of the ideas: XB-35, De Havilland Vampires, the Centurion Mk.1, Boeing X8F, the Ryan DarkShark, Supermarine Spiteful, Kyushu J7W, the IJN A-150 Battleship project, USS Midway Supercarriers... all cool stuff. 

Identifying them wouldn't be that tough. I'd suggest the rules be something like, designed to meet some WWII purpose, and had a first flight or entry into service in 1945~46. I think it would be cool to see stuff like Arados 234 being built along side the Vampires. 

Hi Neu

Thanks for the above post which has certainly had me thinking.

I think that given that the projects you mentioned by and large actually went on to get built, which of course the original 2 categories did not, I'm not in favour of including them in this GB.

However it's such a good idea I definitely think it's worth starting a separate Group Build for it and I will be delighted to add my name if you fancy hosting it.

I hope you aren't too disappointed and that I can persuade you to still join this GB 

2 hours ago, Plasto said:

Hi,

A quick question.

How board is the scope? Is it just paper panzers and luft46 or does it encompass stuff like Hannebau, Die Glocke, P1000 Ratte and all of that pseudo Sci/Fi stuff?

Hi Plasto

Im ashamed to say I had to Google ( other search engines are available) the points you made above, and yes I believe as they were planned during that period unless anyone has any strong objections they can be included.

Out of interest does anyone make kits for these things ?

cheers Pat

32 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

cheers Pat

Yes,

There are modern kits for the Hannebau and P1000 Ratte.  Not sure on Die Glocke.

The whole alt history  luft / panzer 46 Nazi Sci-Fi genre is well catered for in terms of kits...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

However it's such 

Revell has the Haunebu 2 in 1:72 and Takom released a P1000 in 1:144

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Revell has the Haunebu 2 in 1:72 and Takom released a P1000 in 1:144

Thanks very much for the info Sturmovik, can we tempt you to join us ?

• Thanks 1

Tempted, but I don't have any Luft 46 kits at my disposal (nor money), and I'm terrible with works in progress (I always forget to upload photos and make the thread proper). 

However, since this is scheduled for 2020, I may get myself the Haunebu 2 or an Ho 229.

• Like 1