Luft46, Panzer46 & Hikoki46 GB #24 so far for 2021

JOCKNEY

On 27/02/2019 at 18:17, vppelt68 said:

Would an otherwise OOB B-29 Superfortress in nmf with England based bomb group markings qualify as '46, or is that only a whif? V-P

@JOCKNEY Pat, could you as the GB initiator and host-to-be give me a ruling on this, please? V-P

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

@JOCKNEY Pat, could you as the GB initiator and host-to-be give me a ruling on this, please? V-P

Hi V-P

Apologies for not replying sooner, I think the B-29 as described would be a WHIF, rather than Luft 46, sorry  😥

Hopefully you can find another option.

Best wishes Pat

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2019 at 21:11, SeaPlane said:

Evening Pat

Thanks for the heads up and invite - I'd be happy to contribute something if I can and there's room in the build.

Not that I expect to head in that direction but have you thought of extending the concept to Hikoki46, the Japanese equivalent programmes?  Might involve Unicraft models though!!

Look forward to a 2020ish activity

Take Care

Delighted to have you with us, I thought you were playing hard to get ! ;)

Unicraft is a great choice, as I've done one in a Blitzbuild GB, you should be able to do at least a couple in this GB :giggle:

cheers Pat

On 27/02/2019 at 21:41, Plasto said:

I’d say the difference between WHIF and LUFT / Panzer 46 is a fine line. Generally the delineation is WHIF are often subjects that existed that are portrayed in fictitious markings.( TSR 2 in operational colours etc) Where LUFT / Panzer 46 are generally based on prototypes or design concepts that never reached production. 

It is a bit murky however and with things like Hannebau you also get a sci-fi vibe..

Should be a Good GB if it hits the numbers..

Hi Plasto

Very well described, who would have thought this would have been so complicated, not me that's for certain !

cheers Pat

On 05/03/2019 at 12:53, SleeperService said:

OK I'll sign up. I've tried to sneak a July 1945 Tiger II into the Tiger STGB but been thwarted so I'll do it here instead. I've also got a barely started Bf109Z that could keep it company.

Hi SS

Delighted you could join us

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Christer A said:

Let's see here what do I have i my stash...

A desert He-162?

Me-262 with a big rude gun?

Horten Ho-229?

Or the AmerikaBomber E.555...

I could probably manage to miss all deadlines with one of the above, so count me in! I can at least start it...

Hi Christer

Welcome to the party :thumbsup:

Brilliant list, if that doesn't get people interested we have no chance.

I think the Arado 555 will rightly be a very popular choice.

cheers Pat

• 3 months later...

I think this one is due a nice little nudge?

I just acquired this yesterday from my local IPMS meeting, it'd certainly fit the bill with the "Up Gunned" version.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ammo-by-mig-jimenez-amig-8500-1945-king-tiger--1027407

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/15/2019 at 7:06 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Shameless bump to try to get this one in the list for 2020.

Cheers Pat 

you're never ashamed of bumping anything! 

But agree this one needs a good shakeup, come everyone, this GB needs more people else Pat will have nothing to do?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

come on Pat, wakey wakey, another 4 to the list!!

i have a model just sitting here waiting for this GB to get up. It's not going to build itself!!

Start shamelessly plugging this GB!

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2019 at 10:19 PM, JOCKNEY said:
On 2/24/2019 at 12:32 AM, Angus Tura said:

Pat,

I see you've put me down for this! Can I take it that that means the Mustang FTB is OK then? Aw go on...

Alan

Alan

You're in danger of being sent to the naughty corner !  ;);)

Im sure you can find something that fits the bill

cheers Pat

Pat,

A much easier way to get the numbers would be to "volunteer" some more poor saps, like me, who were so foolish and antisocial as to not volunteer themselves.

I do actually have a Horten 228 and that Meng Japanese rocket fighter above, so I might as well stay "volunteered".

Angus (quite bitter) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Pat,

A much easier way to get the numbers would be to "volunteer" some more poor saps, like me, who were so foolish and antisocial as to not volunteer themselves.

I do actually have a Horten 228 and that Meng Japanese rocket fighter above, so I might as well stay "volunteered".

Angus (quite bitter) 

If we are “volunteering” chumps chaps, then, @Col., @Rabbit Leader, @nimrod54, interested?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry @Hockeyboy76, Luft 46 subjects do absolutely nothing for me and I usually scorn when new subjects get announced in lieu of a proper Bristol Beaufort, Venom, Lincoln.. etc etc.. 

Cheers and apologies.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2019 at 6:28 AM, LostCosmonauts said:

Add me to the list please. Am thinking I'll flex my 3D printing muscles by trying out the unkitted oddity that is the Hütter Hü 136

That doesnt sound like a half bad idea! - looking at the general shape, you could probably make a 'conversion kit' and use a Bf-109 as a donor for your tail, rudder, cockpit elements, engine/prop/spinner.

Ill have a look through Luft46, the stash, and my reference material, and will see what i can throw into the mix for this! Something from the original 1000kph,1000km,1000kg proposals would probably be the way to go, but like Cosmonauts, would like to do something that hasnt been done before if at all possible - but there arent many designs that haven't been covered! 

Count me in! 

• Like 2