Luft46, Panzer46 & Hikoki46 GB #24 so far for 2021

JOCKNEY

2 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Tempted, but I don't have any Luft 46 kits at my disposal (nor money), and I'm terrible with works in progress (I always forget to upload photos and make the thread proper). 

However, since this is scheduled for 2020, I may get myself the Haunebu 2 or an Ho 229.

Great, I'll take that as a yes then !

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great, I'll take that as a yes then !

cheers Pat

I hope I don't forget. I can't promise anything either about being able to join when the time comes.

• Like 1

Jockney,

Would you consider making this ****46?

That is to say could you broaden this to non Luftwaffe things? I'd be interested in IJN/IJAAF'46 and more interested in RAF'46, such as the Supermarine 327 or the Mustang FTB.

Alan

Pat,

Apologies. I see now that the same suggestion was made by Neu on Tuesday. Sorry for that.

I see that you thought not, as many of the subjects Neu suggested did actually get built. Maybe you could stretch it to things that didn't get beyond mock-up stage...such as the Supermarine 327 or Mustang FTB!

Not that I'm obsessing over these Unicraft kits or anything...

Alan

about time you came out with a good idea Pat! :tease:

Count me in, with my current AFV fascination I'll probably build one of each.

've got those castings for the DB Turbo-Prop engines :hmmm:and a spare Me-262 sitting in the stash........ :wicked:. For AFV an E-100 Flakpanzer with twin 88's!  :giggle:

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 6:49 AM, Mig Eater said:

My favourite subject so I'll definitely join in. BTW it's generally referred to as Panzer46 instead of Wehrmacht 46.

Im happy to see you will get to build your Panzer ‘46 builds. I was just reviewing your post over in the Panther group chat. Im looking forward to this build myself, though i will be going for a Luft’46 subject myself. Thanks again Pat @JOCKNEY for dreaming this build up.

Dennis

• Like 1

I am still planning on doing the FW-802 Fighter but have found a 2md option for me to fall back on. I found this kit in the Reviews section. 

If i cant get the Master-X kit. I believe i could suitably modify the eduard He-280 overtrees kit ? Ive lso discovered the RS models kit as well. Do you think this would be an acceptable 2nd/alternative build ?  

Dennis

EDIT : Going on this post from @JOCKNEY. I think its a safe bet this is a viable option.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Haha 1

Hello Pat,

This is a great idea.

There was a time, not too long ago, when I wasn’t a big fan of Luft and Panzer ‘46.

The fascination crept up on me slowly. It started with my love of prototypes and all things quirky. 

Then I really enjoyed building a Huma 1/72 Me. P1101, saw how it had influenced subsequent designs on both sides of the Iron curtain. The same with the Horten creations and subsequent flying wing designs.

I don’t know much about Panzer 46, but I’m ready to learn and be amazed!

Please count me in for a wingy thing. I think it would probably be the Special Hobby Blohm & Voss P.211 in 1/72 👍

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

On 21/02/2019 at 06:56, TonyTiger66 said:

Hello Pat,

This is a great idea.

There was a time, not too long ago, when I wasn’t a big fan of Luft and Panzer ‘46.

The fascination crept up on me slowly. It started with my love of prototypes and all things quirky. 

Then I really enjoyed building a Huma 1/72 Me. P1101, saw how it had influenced subsequent designs on both sides of the Iron curtain. The same with the Horten creations and subsequent flying wing designs.

I don’t know much about Panzer 46, but I’m ready to learn and be amazed!

Please count me in for a wingy thing. I think it would probably be the Special Hobby Blohm & Voss P.211 in 1/72 👍

Best regards

TonyT

Hi Tony

Great to hear from you, and I really like your choice of subject.

I really hope we get enough participants in this GB to qualify, the variety of builds will be amazing 

cheers Pat

On 21/02/2019 at 07:28, Silenoz said:

I'll be in too.. have some like the LercheII, Me-262HGIII from Antares, Blohm & Voss BV 192.01, Triegflugel, and also some panzer '46's...

Hi Silenoz

The Triegflugel would be amazing, I am a complete novice when it comes to Panzer 46, but eager to learn !

cheers Pat 

On 24/02/2019 at 00:32, Angus Tura said:

Pat,

I see you've put me down for this! Can I take it that that means the Mustang FTB is OK then? Aw go on...

Alan

Alan

You're in danger of being sent to the naughty corner !  ;);)

Im sure you can find something that fits the bill

cheers Pat

Evening Pat

Thanks for the heads up and invite - I'd be happy to contribute something if I can and there's room in the build.

Not that I expect to head in that direction but have you thought of extending the concept to Hikoki46, the Japanese equivalent programmes?  Might involve Unicraft models though!!

Look forward to a 2020ish activity

Take Care

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Would an otherwise OOB B-29 Superfortress in nmf with England based bomb group markings qualify as '46, or is that only a whif? V-P

I’d say the difference between WHIF and LUFT / Panzer 46 is a fine line. Generally the delineation is WHIF are often subjects that existed that are portrayed in fictitious markings.( TSR 2 in operational colours etc) Where LUFT / Panzer 46 are generally based on prototypes or design concepts that never reached production. 

It is a bit murky however and with things like Hannebau you also get a sci-fi vibe..

Should be a Good GB if it hits the numbers..

• Like 1

Let's see here what do I have i my stash...

A desert He-162?

Me-262 with a big rude gun?

Horten Ho-229?

Or the AmerikaBomber E.555...

I could probably manage to miss all deadlines with one of the above, so count me in! I can at least start it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1