1/72nd Beaufighter Mk.II, Airfix/Alley Cat conversion, 797 NAS, Columbo, Ceylon 1945

On 1/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, Meatbox8 said:

Looks great.  One doesn't see too many MkIIs.  No idea the Navy used them for anything.  Those Tamiya rattle cans really are good, giving an excellent metallic look.  Where on Earth did you find those unit codes though?

Sorry,.... I thought I`d answered your query and just realised I hadn`t,...... the codes are Luftwaffe codes from an old generic sheet. Glad you like the Beau mate,.... ta.

• Like 1

The MK II in Far East was true rarity, I think. Thanks a lot for finding such stuff! Nice result, what is obvious :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

The MK II in Far East was true rarity, I think. Thanks a lot for finding such stuff! Nice result, what is obvious :)

Regards

J-W

Thanks J-W,..... I have a camouflaged one from Ceylon partially painted too and I`d like to do one from Gibraltar as well. There were a couple operating from South Africa too,..... one was bare metal. 

30 minutes ago, mackem01 said:

Great job for so many reasons not least of all the inclusion of a little known operator. you always seem to find

those unusual subjects for your bench. Liking the silver finish too.

Cheers mate,... glad you like it,... ta. 

• Like 1