1/72nd Arma Model Hurricane Mk.I, 73 Sqn, Western Desert 1940-41

Hiya Folks,

Here is the first of my Arma Model Hurricane`s to cross the finish line and I have to say that I am very, very impressed by this excellent little model. For anybody interested here is the WIP;

And here is the model, which was brush painted;

resized_4fc8068b-31ea-49b3-a4d3-7edfdca3

resized_521963b7-f018-4b4d-804b-fa3f0633

resized_15e79863-ee7f-431c-916d-164e1f30

resized_9d45cd29-1288-40e9-9a05-03158708

resized_ac5233ba-66b5-4b0e-8ea1-e41fcc87

resized_32c6afec-fec1-4bea-8197-a0ecd54b

resized_80cfd8e8-1f3e-4b9d-8c95-6aa42b7d

resized_e30d8e7c-4f41-43e3-b7c8-919387ae

resized_794f775c-4023-4418-b99b-9d876111

resized_8ec81686-add6-42e3-aa2d-61fb8397

resized_abb79b42-5089-48ca-a131-1134e746

Cheers

Tony

• Like 71
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb Braille scale Hurricane.

I'm not calling you a liar, mind, but 'brush painted'? Amazing work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers Joachim,........ it is all in the WIP which is attached to the post if you don`t believe it mate! I even had a total nightmare with the Dark Earth and had to sand it all off and start again.

• Like 1

Who doesn't like a well applied desert scheme to such a beautiful aircraft? That looks so good Tony, you must have built close to fifty Hurricanes in your lifetime and yet you never seem to tire to add more as each year passes. This ones up there with the very best. 

Cheers and Well done.. Dave. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Joachim,........ it is all in the WIP which is attached to the post if you don`t believe it mate! I even had a total nightmare with the Dark Earth and had to sand it all off and start again.

Just have to clarify, Tony – of course that was tongue in cheek! I never doubted for a moment that you really did create that masterpiece finish with a hairy stick!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Beautiful word as always Tony. I saw you at Bolton but you were always deeply involved in conversation, maybe at Halifax?

You should have butted in mate,...... I came to your stand a few times but you weren`t there!! Yeah hopefully Halifax! 

Believe it or not I hardly got the chance to look at the models because I was chatting so much,....... lots of people to catch up with and all of that! And I missed out on a Magna Valletta for £20,...... which was right next to me apparently during such a chat,.......bugger!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Just have to clarify, Tony – of course that was tongue in cheek! I never doubted for a moment that you really did create that masterpiece finish with a hairy stick!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Oh I know mate,...... please don`t worry about it,....... mine was too! I was just saying that it didn`t all go to plan with the paintwork at first.

All the best

Tony

5 minutes ago, tonyot said:

You should have butted in mate,...... I came to your stand a few times but you weren`t there!! Yeah hopefully Halifax! 

Believe it or not I hardly got the chance to look at the models because I was chatting so much,....... lots of people to catch up with and all of that! And I missed out on a Magna Valletta for £20,...... which was right next to me apparently during such a chat,.......bugger!

Cheers

Tony

That's really unlucky. I bought a kit from a stand belonging to one of the clubs I go to. 150 miles to by a kit off a club member.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I wish I could produce such a superb finish with a hairy stick. Even my airbrushing doesn't stack up to your paintwork. 

Thanks Vinnie,...... it is just practice and perseverance mate,..... I had to sand the Dark Earth off this once because it was too thick!!! 

Thanks for the kind remarks everybody,..... I really do recommend this kit, especially if you like Hurricane`s!

I like it so much I`ve just bought four more!!!

Cheers

Tony