Harrier GR.9

Hasegawa/Eduard kit straight out of the box, except additional Eduard PE set, and some correction of the few kit parts were made by hand.

DSC06496

DSC06493

DSC06489

DSC06487

DSC06486

DSC06483

DSC06482

DSC06481

DSC06479

DSC06477

DSC06476

DSC06474

DSC06473

DSC06470

DSC06468

DSC06467

DSC06466

DSC06465

DSC06464

DSC06461

DSC06460

DSC06459

DSC06498

Thank you for the looking any comments are welcome.

Edited by maverick_62
Reload photos
  • Like 41

hi ALL .

I've built both the 1/144 Kits in the PLATZ Twin Set

Amasin' Mini Kits ,   but I is puzzled by............. wot are the "Reflective Strips "?  on the F.A.A. Harrier L/E 's

Lookin'at Walkaround pics of a retired F.A.A. Harrier they looked like tatty Reflective Tape

"Why is it so "?

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

Nice one Mav, very clean; for a Harrier!

The LE tapes were clear plastic tape applied for added protection to the leading edges. When new they were Clear; so an extra coat of Klear/Future works fine on models for new tapes.

As the tape aged it went various shades of yellow through to brown; think how old Sellotape ages and you get the idea. It was not uncommon to see new tape on one part of a wing leading edge and old on the other; the tape was applied there in two sections, broken by the wing fence. Equally, the wingsmay have old brown tape, but on the same jet the fin and tailplanes have new clear tape.

The best thing to do on your model is find photos of the airframe you are making. There is no one out-of-the-pot colour to use for discoloured LE tape, the best thing to do is judge it, using your Mk.1 eyeball to match what you see in the photos; of which there are plenty out there from when digital photography became the norm.

Hope that helps 

Nick

hi Nick ,

thanks for the headsup on the Harrier L/E's Tape.

I mixed up a pale Yellow/Green and sprayed it onto Decal Paper as I was'nt gunna attempt to Hand Paint/Mask the marking.

.......... also discovered that the colour looked very much like earlier Aircraft Seatbelts "Wheat " colour.

so now I have lots of thick Seat Belt Decal film

cheery "Modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

7 hours ago, ZHOU Kun said:

Nice build! How was the fitting of this kit?

The main problem it's assembling canopy, where clear part and corresponding (well in the theory corresponding... ) frame have a quite different forms. All the orther, requires some sanding and a little bit usage of putty, but it doesn't matter. All you need it's right assembling order, and not that in the instruction. ;)

That is a beauty !

I hope when I get to build mine it is half as good as that !   but cannot decide which option to build ......  It will probably be the Wittering GR 7, I  spent enough hours stuck in traffic jams on the A1 at the end of the runway  ... 4pm Friday they always were landing - ready to knock off for the weekend (we all know the RAF was active Monday - Friday ;) )