Old Monogram C-47 kit, “honey bunn III

My first “big” build after i started making model planes about a year ago... Thinks this is the sixth model i have made so far... The 1/48 C-47 “Honey bun III”, Italian, Normandy, Holland and Bastogne veteran!

Hope to improve my weathering techniques in the future... Please let me know what you think, i can only learn and hope my next plane will be better 👌🏻

3fqvg42c6q.jpeg

em6cjh.jpeg

umo9stk.jpeg

wh47ynj91fnm.jpeg

emzo3vfx.jpeg

a0w9y9.jpeg

n8u8sp8f604.jpeg

• Like 34

20 minutes ago, Tentacles said:

I like the faded invasion strips - I'm planning to do the same on an A26 I have in the stash.

Thanks, after D-Day these strips were removed but sometimes you still see them under the new paint and that was what i tried to make... The invasion stripes were also painted with a brush as the most of them were painted at that time... I like to see the smooth measured strips but it was more common to paint them by hand short Bedford D-Day... 

That big Monogram kit is not an easy build, and you did a grand job on it.  I think you did a great job on painting and weathering it, especially the paint chipping.  It's good to start out lightly with the weathering, for it's much easier to add weathering than to remove it!  The only  recommendation I would make is to mask the windscreen so that you can paint the 'supports' (I don't recall the correct term) between the glass panels.  Aftermarket canopy masks might be available, but it wouldn't be too difficult to use Tamiya tape for it. 

Again, great job overall and one I would be proud of!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Thank you Mark for your feedback, seeing that other modellers like my C-47 and give me some feeback so i can learn is much appreciated...  Hope i receive even more feedback...  I will work on the windscreen, was something i was forgotten...  I will show a picture when it's done...

You've done a fantastic job Ringo! I'm particularly impressed with the overpainted invasion stripes, a very subtle effect.

You could paint some clear decal and use thin strips of it to add the windscreen pillars, that would finish it off nicely!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

That’s a really nice job you’ve done, and I too like the subtle weathering. :yes:

I think that the cargo doors would have been quite battered due to lots of use considering the plane’s role and yours appear factory fresh so maybe you could scuff ‘em up a bit? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill.B said:

That’s a really nice job you’ve done, and I too like the subtle weathering. :yes:

I think that the cargo doors would have been quite battered due to lots of use considering the plane’s role and yours appear factory fresh so maybe you could scuff ‘em up a bit? 

Thanks Bill, will do 👍

Edited by ringo

If that is only your sixth build you`ve nothing to worry about , very good . I`ve got one of those kits in my loft , somewhere ,

with three sets of civvi markings , must have bought it many years ago , before going onto 1/32nd only . Again , nice job ! .