E75 [Paper Panzer] - 1st Time Builder

First time building any model kit.

This is Trumpeter’s E 75 kit.

I have lots of work to do on it, but I asked people in this forum for parts or tips for this first timer so I thought it would be rude to not post my build progress. As a first timer, I do not plan to post much, as there is a lot of learning still going on.

- My goodness the PE parts were quite the challenge to build and remain workable....!!!

- I put on the Panther G exhausts to meet World of Tanks design,

- The barrel is the 128mm from a Jadgtiger I think? (I forgot, Tamiya sent me the barrel as a spare part)

- Fruit tracks, and drive sprocket and alliance model german tool clamps 

- I switched out the big door on the back of the turret with Tamiya’s version of it, as it had more detail.

- I cut the center hub from a Tamiya Tiger II kit’s road wheels and adapted them to the road wheels on this kit, I feel like it gave it more depth...

Lastly, please let me know if there’s anything I should keep in mind when I go to paint the black (dark grey) portion of the black and white modulation??... I am not cofident in my model building vernacular just yet. So I apologize for any incorrect use of any terminology.

32931545368_9402849f84_b.jpg

Edited by KonigsStreegan
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, KonigsStreegan said:

First time building any model kit.

Seriously? Woof! 👍

Nice work, especially on the kit-bashing and after market efforts! Mind you, my AFV knowledge is quite limited, mostly Shermans and other Allied.  Tell us about the painting so far.

BTW, as you're in Fullerton, have you checked out the IPMSOC (Orange County chapter of IPMS)? We just had our January meeting at the La Quinta in Buena Park and have some fine AFV modelers. I know AMPS is also active locally, they meet in Garden Grove per the website, but you'll have to ask at IPMSOC or search the AMPS site...

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Seriously? Woof! 👍

Nice work, especially on the kit-bashing and after market efforts! Mind you, my AFV knowledge is quite limited, mostly Shermans and other Allied.  Tell us about the painting so far.

BTW, as you're in Fullerton, have you checked out the IPMSOC (Orange County chapter of IPMS)? We just had our January meeting at the La Quinta in Buena Park and have some fine AFV modelers. I know AMPS is also active locally, they meet in Garden Grove per the website, but you'll have to ask at IPMSOC or search the AMPS site...

Oh no way, that is cool, I will have to check out that out, I have been wondering where all the model builders in socal were. haha! Thank you very much!

very nice

16 hours ago, KonigsStreegan said:

I put on the Panther G exhausts to meet World of Tanks design,

as a WoT player i have experienced the wrong end of this fearsome tank quite a few times.:door:

• Like 1

Small thing, I saw someone push down the grills on their German armour to replicate the real thing..

So, I took an eraser and the butt end of my file and gently pushed down on each grill.. I think it adds a great detail to it.. Thank you to whoever posted the idea.

31898482157_ca207886be_c.jpg

(Almost to 100 posts, woo!)

Edited by KonigsStreegan
  • Like 3

That's a beast all right, especially with that 128mm gun. Must be pretty cramped inside that turret with

separate shells and powder canisters sitting around. NO smoking for sure, LOL.

The Friul tracks look great as usual, love them but they are fair expensive here in Canada.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Haha 1

WOW! This is your first ever build (or did I read that wrong)? ...if so, that's an ambitious start, PE, Friul tracks and everything, so you should be very proud of yourself. You've an amazing start here, and I love the part with the grills....yes, it adds a lot to the kit. Keep up the great work!!!

16 hours ago, Whiterook said:

WOW! This is your first ever build (or did I read that wrong)? ...if so, that's an ambitious start, PE, Friul tracks and everything, so you should be very proud of yourself. You've an amazing start here, and I love the part with the grills....yes, it adds a lot to the kit. Keep up the great work!!!

Thank you so much! All these extras really help extend the build time, the best part for me. I appreciate it! 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KonigsStreegan said:

Reseda Green thrown down first! So excited to see this thing take on shape. 

I will have to fix the fender as I dropped the model on it and damaged it.. my luck.

46202945005_9f91a2a89f_z.jpg

Great Build KonigsStreegan.

I wouldnt worry about the side skirts being damaged, if anything makes it look more realistic 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT A RIDE this kit has been. My airbrush gave out so I had to do this by hand.. Not an ideal situation for my first camo.. But I plan on treating the painted surface before moving on. The picture here is right after painting.. But! Taking a break before the next steps come.

I plan on doing a very light white wash over it because I love a white washed king tiger.

Then very light weathering.. 

And a matte finish for sure....

Still guessing as I move along here!

I am glad to see the texture survived the thin coats of paint... Especially the mantlet. It was smooth as a whistle out of the box.

My goal here was to copy some aspects of the Jagdtiger in the Bovington tank museum pictures that I saw. Namely, tools missing, handles broken, latches broken and/or left open. That sort of thing.

IMG_20190302_145859

Edited by KonigsStreegan
  • Like 4