TID Steam Tug Completed

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Something with seagulls in it....... ;) :coat:

Steve.

Absolutely! No offence Kev but if its a choice between them dumping on your tug or my patrol launch, then I'm afraid the tug gets it.

Sympathetic of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, longshanks said:

@robgizlu Hi Rob can you lend me £100

3 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Yes

Rob

Cheers Buddy 

:innocent:

:rofl2:

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Something with seagulls in it.

8 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Absolutely! No offence Kev but if its a choice between them dumping on your tug or my patrol launch, then I'm afraid the tug gets it.

@beefy66  A slightly blurry picture of the finished diorama is coming into view and it is stunning 

Hmmm!

I'm getting an idea for the next diorama   . . . .

A rotten leaky dinghy with one oar and a squall on the horizon. Title Three men(?) in a Boat

:thumbsup:

Kev

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, longshanks said:

Not sure if I'm happy with the lay of the springs

Gidday Kev, I've had no experience berthing tugs, all my experience was in 32metre and 42metre patrol boats (with a larger crew than the tug). Considering where the fairleads and bollards/staghorns are I'd go with:

your stern line to the outboard of the double  aft stag horn

the aft spring forwards then though the fore fairlead then aft to the fore-mid staghorn

the forespring to the aft-mid staghorn (an alternative is through the same fairlead as the stern line then to the inboard of the double aft staghorn

and the head line direct to the staghorn in the bow.

This is just my opinion only, HTH.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ripaman said:

:gobsmacked: as everyone else has said this is brilliant Kev :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

Indeed it is and will be even better when it gets those gulls. I tried to send a flock down to Kev from Poole today but they went off in a huff, telling me to do something physically impossible with a very large plunger and muttering something about people with shot guns. And there's me trying to get them a nice holiday in Cornwall. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

I feel the three jokers named above will provide enough ballast ........

Kev

Argh come on now Kev @robgizlu @stevehnz And @Martian Hale aren’t that bad :whistle:

Although I suppose you could have four crew in it B)

my vote would be for you to finish your long term project of MTB 658

beefy 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

all my experience was in 32metre and 42metre patrol boats

A lot more fun than tugs I would imagine. I've always fancied an Armidale which in my opinion wouldn't look out of place in St Tropez  :penguin:

I'm sure your mooring plan will be most useful when I get to that point :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

there's me trying to get them a nice holiday in Cornwall. 

They were returned - no visa's :shrug: You need a license to import guano to Cornwall. The emmets leave enough poo-poo as it is.

Kev

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Gidday Kev, and thanks. The Armidales are after my time. I was a reservist, not Permanent Navy. I did some time on the Fremantle class but the majority was on the earlier Attack class. Could those thing heave, bounce and roll! But I had some good times on them.

I stress again that the berthing line plan I stated was for our boats, tugs may have been different, but I hope it helps. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I stress again

Don't go stressing mate

My biggest was 320,000 mt dwt. Smallest 2,000 mt dwt

I'm sure between us we can cobble together something that works 😉

Is it true that the reservists prop up the permanent navy :shrug:

Any of those boats would make a nice model ??

Kev

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Any of those boats would make a nice model ??

Gidday Kev, my personal scale of choice is 1/600, which would make the HMAS Adroit (our last boat) 54mm long (108 feet, the beam of a WW2 battleship). A bit small for detail. 🔎 Those members making vessels in about 1/72 would no doubt make a good model but I have no idea where they would get info for detail etc. Also, these boats weren't as fast or graceful as your typical MTB being designed for coastal surveillance, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The following Fremantle class were better looking boats I think, and being 30% longer were more capable.

Anyway, I'm digressing, this is your thread about your model. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd just carry on here . . . .

Thanks to all the help and support I 've had on here with my various projects I had an unbelievable day yesterday at Cornish Scale Modellers/ IPMS South West Model Show

I entered the MkV tank and Cornish Lugger both achieved Gold .( Gold/bronze/silver as per IPMS, not 1st 2nd etc.)

Really chuffed.

Then it was announced I had won best in competition with the Cornish Cove :penguin:

P1100120 (Copy)

Then as I was happily polishing my trophy :nod:

They called me again my Cornish Lugger on the club stand had won Best in Show

P1100128 (Copy)

By this time my gob had been well and truly smacked :gobsmacked:

P1100130 (Copy)

I want to thank you all again for the support 

Come and visit IPMS South West at Illogan Village Hall Friday at 7 for three hours you wont regret it.

Oh and leave your sanity at the door

Kev

• Like 13