This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Diamond Da-42 "Twin Star" by Amodel & "Dominator" UAV by SOVA-M - released - new boxing by Amodel

Based on the article and some of the rare photos I've found too, the standard "manned" version of the kit will be ok to make ZA180 as the bulged windshield is included in the box.

Jeff 

1 hour ago, tonywood said:

I never saw the RAF DA.42 carry the EO / IR turrets. The one shown above was never in RAF service but was operated for the MoD by DO Systems.

ZA179 & ZA180 were the two RAF ones, there are very few pictures of them online but with some digging some can be found.

They reverted to civil identities G-DOSA & G-DOSB after use in the sandpit.

I have one photo (culled from the web) of ZA180 with the EO turret (flying shot) plus a pic of the nose of one of them in Iraq fitted with it as well.

49360473118_51f7670072_k.jpgDA42_Air_to_Air_042 by Dave Fleming2, on Flickr

49360933546_c2d5c92c4b.jpgda42_camera by Dave Fleming2, on Flickr

I suspect the hardest part will be the tiny 'Royal Air Force' behind the cockpit!

Edited by Dave Fleming

Dave

Thanks for posting those, really interesting and useful as I intend to build one on the RAF Twin Stars. 

Tony

Kind of reminds me of the Beagle 206 Basset.  I really like the look of this aeroplane but would prefer a kit of with a standard nose.  Would look smart done in similar markings to the Beagle ……..

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

......  I really like the look of this aeroplane but would prefer a kit of with a standard nose.....

Buy any kit as they all contain the main details sprue containing u/c, prop spinners, footsteps and 3 types of nose including the standard nose.

Jeff