1/72 - Diamond Da-42 "Twin Star" by Amodel & "Dominator" UAV by SOVA-M - released - new Da-42MPP & VI boxing by Amodel

Homebee

1 hour ago, tonywood said:

I never saw the RAF DA.42 carry the EO / IR turrets. The one shown above was never in RAF service but was operated for the MoD by DO Systems.

ZA179 & ZA180 were the two RAF ones, there are very few pictures of them online but with some digging some can be found.

They reverted to civil identities G-DOSA & G-DOSB after use in the sandpit.

I have one photo (culled from the web) of ZA180 with the EO turret (flying shot) plus a pic of the nose of one of them in Iraq fitted with it as well.

49360473118_51f7670072_k.jpgDA42_Air_to_Air_042 by Dave Fleming2, on Flickr

49360933546_c2d5c92c4b.jpgda42_camera by Dave Fleming2, on Flickr

I suspect the hardest part will be the tiny 'Royal Air Force' behind the cockpit!

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 2

Kind of reminds me of the Beagle 206 Basset.  I really like the look of this aeroplane but would prefer a kit of with a standard nose.  Would look smart done in similar markings to the Beagle ……..

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

......  I really like the look of this aeroplane but would prefer a kit of with a standard nose.....

Buy any kit as they all contain the main details sprue containing u/c, prop spinners, footsteps and 3 types of nose including the standard nose.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

According to my knowledge, when this kit was reviewed on a finnish modeling magazine IPMS-Mallari, it was said that the control columns are missing. They were said to be on that Dominator boxing but were forgot on the manned versions.

I haven't spotted them on the sprues no matter how hard I'm looking.

Just my little add-on, perhaps others can tell or will know more.

HTH

Teemu H.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Diamond Da-42 "Twin Star" by Amodel & "Dominator" UAV by SOVA-M - released - new Da-42MPP & VI boxing by Amodel