Airfix AgustaWestund Merlin HC3

It’s about time that I posted a completed model here so I thought I would start with one of my favorites which is the Airfix Kit #A14101 1/48 AgustaWestlund Merlin HC3.  I have really grown to like Airfix kits and this to me exemplifies their capabilities.  It is an interesting subject, the level of detail is very good and the fit is fantastic!  Decals were in register and you get a lot of them to play with so overall they are fine but you need your decal softner solution handy.  And the price of the kit was also very reasonable which I appreciate.  Anyway, this was a build I thoroughly enjoyed and I think it came out looking the part.  It is approximately the same size as the Sikorsky CH-53 (which is a very big helicopter) but just to get an idea of it’s size I included a picture of my Folland Gnat (another 1/48 Airfix kit) next to it, which you could almost load into the cargo hold.    This is built out of the box with no extras and the paints are a combination of Tamiya and Model Master.  I did not weather it as almost every picture I found showed them pretty clean.25cf9dc9-fd48-47c2-b277-d0f7732c9338.JPGresized_2b79a06d-a47a-4199-aee4-598d5830resized_c79f41de-40c2-4a78-9504-cc4809earesized_cfeb3b57-f150-403b-aa1f-cd7364db

resized_9733db94-1fad-4bc7-acfd-fff93ac5

• Like 25

Thanks for all the kind responses.  Now that I have figured out how to post a completed project I will have to tackle taking better photos.  

Edited by Harold55