Arma Hobby 1/72 Hurricane

dfqweofekwpeweiop4

I have a question for those who have built or are building the Arma Hobby Hurricane. It could help myself and others who haven't started theirs yet. The instructions say to fit the landing gear legs in the landing gear bay pretty early on, before you stick the lower and upper wings together. From a painting point of view, it would be much easier to 'mask' the landing gear bay for painting if the legs weren't there. The question is therefore, how easy/hard is it to fit the landing gear legs after the wings have been stuck together and painted?

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Mike,

IIRC, @tonyot was working on the same kit and had described a way to put the undercart in after the wheel bays/wings had been assembled; maybe a search for the Arma Hurricane might bring it up? I thought I had saved it, but guess I forgot.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Mike,

IIRC, @tonyot was working on the same kit and had described a way to put the undercart in after the wheel bays/wings had been assembled; maybe a search for the Arma Hurricane might bring it up? I thought I had saved it, but guess I forgot.

Mike

I've looked and can't find it.

thanks

Mike

My apologies to Procopius and Tony- I could have sworn it was Tony who commented on installing the undercart after the wings were assembled. I guess that's a function of being exposed to Diosol fumes for so many years!

Mike

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

My apologies to Procopius and Tony- I could have sworn it was Tony who commented on installing the undercart after the wings were assembled. I guess that's a function of being exposed to Diosol fumes for so many years!

Mike

I imagine Tony's voice is richer, deeper, more imbued with the indicators of manliness than my squeaky midwestern twang.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

You have to do the same thing with Airfix's fabric-wing Hurricane.

46079556824_cc633b1c49_b.jpg

Chris

Oooops ? I guess i should have looked closer at those instructions. Building a Malta Hurricane using the Alleycat Tin wing conversion. I think i can thread them in  ?

I thought I had done something awfully similar with the Airfix ragwing. Masking a wheel well is so much more of a pain if the landing gear struts are in there, so this has been my standard process with the Airfix kit and I'll do the same with the Arma kit (which I'm just about ready to start work on). 

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Mike

Hiya Mike,

You`re not wrong mate,....... I`ve added the undercarriage to my Arma Hurri after it was finished,.......... here is my build; 

The model is now finished but I have not been able to take any photos yet due to poor light!

The undercarriage easily slots into place and then the last section of wheel bay is added last of all,..... it ain`t rocket science.

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The same on my side. First insert the main leg in the slot and then put the smaller brace through the bracket to fit the opening (do remember to re-drilled it a little bit). The plastic is rather soft and flexible, so it should not break.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 3