Small Toy Car Fix Up

Well, something a bit different, I picked up this little beauty from a well known auction site for 65p inc P&P. 

Qmn5g2cYVyUS4u3p59fGUzeEzmYdJGPXV4G_JrZp

I have no idea what it is, if it even is anything.  Google lens, decided it might be a DMC Delorean 🤨

So I drilled the 2 rivets an split it down to see what I was working with.

IkbAMTLCYYOg61ZVKSfv58k01znsymOiWAwsUAXz

Not bad really, there is some detail on the interior, the clear screen is in pretty good nick, the wheel pins are bent and the plaice retaining bits that keep them square have long since been broken off.

The axles will be replaced somehow, the windows will get a dip in some Johnsons floor polish, the chassis just needs a sand and respray, and the body shows signs of a much loved life, so its into the Dettol for that.

L8PrOPD3r0VU1a19Ee3apwyUyGwmGG9_OixYW-5O

After a soak and a scrub with the wifes toothbrush, I gave it a polish and took some of the mould lines out with the Dremel.

4ryU2ylQWtbvZFQry1-0OUeytrcpNLMl0UeL0SpO

And that's really where I am at currently.

I know its not a big build, but thanks for stopping by, would love to hear any thoughts for anything that it may be? need some inspiration for the paint job.

This will ultimately not enter the collection as I bought it to fix up for the boy, figured I was allowed to play with it first 😬

Thanks for stopping by,

Coops

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Done a bit more work, have replaced axles and painted the interior and exterior.

im pretty happy with the interior so will let it be, but the finish on the shell is appalling, so that will be being stripped once again and redone.

inhave also drilled the gap at the rear for the spoiler. Looks much better in my opinion.

a couple of pics to see the progress and issues

0quUTbCPHK3G1imEM3Q52snWfzaKBFDF_t-w8kEK

EQWg6V638-nDy9Tfgq7PS_iiQlpdZDEi03YxT9ON

Edited by Cooper645
Added second photo
  • Like 1