An-12BK transformed in BK-PPS version

nikos

I start Antonov 12 BK (Cub) Soviet Union main transport on Cold War. Dimensions are as much a C-130 at 1/72, 46 cm long (fuselage). I wanted to turn it into SAANXI with a Venezuelan camouflage, which is also impressive, but the protrusion of the front fuselage has been a reflection of the diminution of the windows. I will turn it into PPS electronic warfare. The Roden kit is available for PPS. There are three types of PPs. One with a new tail without guns. second with a cabin but without guns and a third with a cabin and guns. I will make the third type as in the design. For this reason I built the pods with balsa. There should also be a dozen air intakes on fuselage and spindle antennas (circular). Because I want to get away from the simple look of the simple transport aircraft. I 'll try put lights. motors and open-close the rear door. That's what I'm saying ..34259.JPG34250.JPG34252.jpg34256.JPG34257.JPG34258.JPG34260.JPG

• Like 9

Now you're talking, Nikos! A Cub - fantastic :). I had one of these (the civil version) and had planned to build an Indian machine. I got daunted by the task and sold it, sadly. I'll be watching your build for sure!

Martin

• Like 1

Michael  I find the scale drawings in that  site. You can find many aircrafts and other things in scale. It helps me to make the four (wooden) electronic warfare antennas of An-12 PPS

https://modelgrad.com/pls-100108-1-100-antonov-an-12-full-size-scale-plans.html

Edited by nikos

In the conversion from transport to electronic warfare (EW)  there is a concern that even Roden's model in the PPS version (EW) does not solve. Well, the commuter inside has rams and is generally empty. Electronic warfare will not necessarily have consoles and various electronic instruments as well as seats for stuff as we usually see in the western type of similar role aircraft? I'm looking for a photo but there's no match. And, of course, I do not know whether the rear door load-carrying  in this type (EW) is useful or whether it is exposed to the main compartment of the electronic war stuff with the opening of the door and if there is a partition or different place. Anyone who has something to suggest is acceptable otherwise I will have to improvise based on some photos of other Russian aircrafts such as the An-225 Mirya pilot because it is about colors and maybe even layout of panels that are in fact arranged. Sadly, there is no photo for interior Russian special aircrafts

I scratched the interior with electronics systems. The plan is from my fantasy because there are not fotos of the interior from real An-12BK-PPS. So I will improvice it

• Like 1

There are no photographs about the interior of that aircraft, so I will move into the hypothetical sphere of what if. For sure, the aircraft would be divided into three sections. Pilots cockpit, accommodation, cargo area. And a stun gun in the tail. The pilots cockpit would be unchanged. The cargo area would be converted into an airspace control area and would be filled with consoles, electrical and electronic maps, screens, a mapping table. It would have a heating and ventilation system. and conductors that would shut down the devices and would simultaneously coat the air elementally and perhaps more to remove moisture since there are no high temperatures in such spaces, and so the abundance of air vents in the inlet and inlet shaft. It would surely have a generator (since the plurality of electronics can not be supported by the existing electrical system of the aircraft) which would be located in the accommodation space to have noise insulation from the rest of the vessel and an air outlet for the combustion of the diesel engine and exhaust fumes. If this space was not used for the generator, then the rear cargo loading doors could be locked wherever the generator would be located, because in the back we also see air ducts. However, you will need a basic insulation between the control room and the tail section. It could have been so. If the generator was in the accommodation space then the crew would be spartifully drawn in the control room with beds and the toilet at the position of the gun. In conclusion, the toilet would be the best part of the aircraft !!!. Things to do

• Like 1

Thanks you Nikolay for your encourage.  Your "Russian" oppinion is very precious because all this is in my mind and I suppose how can be the interior without helping from fotos and bibliography.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nikos said:

Your "Russian" oppinion is very precious because all this is in my mind and I suppose how can be the interior without helping from fotos and bibliography.

It’s would be good if I can help you, but I’m not having a lot information about an An-12.

Some cargo bay photos:

Gruzovoj-otsek-An-12..jpg

And this:

8.Gruzovoj-otsek-An-12.-1.jpg

I never knew about the colors of it - very interesting! 😮

• Like 1

Thank you Nikolay for the fotos. I can see some things about the ceilling and with the first foto I painted yellow the gunner entrance and something little to the inside fuselage (doors gargo appartment). I 'll share foto but the problem is that the turret is one level upper from the main fuselage and Roden has closed the entrance so I will try scrutch an entrance and I calculate to put a led  in the turret. I 'll see the way 

Edited by nikos
  • Like 1