Hawker Hurricane Mk.I 1/72 Arma Hobby

Hi folks,

this is the Arma Hobby kit updated to one of the Finnish machines using SBS Decals.

The kit is rather nice, but the fit leaves a lot to be desired for a modern kit, so lot dry-fitting, scraping, beveling etc. was the order of the day.

Anyway, pretty good kit overall, but one is  enough for me for the time being.

Cheers,

Libor

46791254841_ca5da6e237_o.jpg

39825936773_894db6fd4d_o.jpg

32915575638_4e699d6c6b_o.jpg

45876061685_2fbfcf3dfa_o.jpg

32915575498_26b12fd19d_o.jpg

• Like 72
  • Thanks 1

Excellent Hurri, great to see a different choice of markings and camo done so well :clap2::clap2:

Where are most of the fit issues? You're the first modeller I've heard say there are issues with the kit and as I've a few of these winging their way to me here in sunny Oz :coolio: I thought I'd ask.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps!

FAAMAN: we say here the hares should be counted just after the hunting. Reading all those inbox previews etc., especially from people which obviously haven’t built anything, does not make sense. The issue is too tight fit for most componets, the most tricky being closing the wing with wheel bay box inside, wing to fuselage assembly, and adjusting almost every part to fit properly. Really not a pleasure to build, but eventually you can get there. Wish Arma will pay more attention to this for future release,as the surface details and some design features are really excellent.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Top notch Hurricane! If you had labelled it 1:48th, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Beautiful, convincing finish and attention to detail, such as  the drooping elevators and, not least, the wingtip lights – coloured bulbs under clear covers. A small detail that not everyone gets right… 😉

Impressive modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Love your job on that Libor. My first one of these kits arrived today thanks to Mike & John  @Mikemx It is destined to be built with the SAAF markings from this boxing. There will be a Finnish one from further purchases to go with my Airfix fabric winged one already in Finnish colours, your build & accompanying tips will be inspirational & useful in like measure. Thanks.

Steve.

• Like 1

That's an absolute stunner.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy the build though. Fit is perhaps something manufacturers need to work on before worrying about etched brass seat belts or whatever.

I'm building the new Tamiya 1/48 Bf109G - I'd forgotten just how well pieces of plastic can be made to connect with each other!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Love your job on that Libor. My first one of these kits arrived today thanks to Mike & John  @Mikemx It is destined to be built with the SAAF markings from this boxing. There will be a Finnish one from further purchases to go with my Airfix fabric winged one already in Finnish colours, your build & accompanying tips will be inspirational & useful in like measure. Thanks.

Steve.

I've got myself one too. I'm trying the basic version but the plastic looks great!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Beautiful work as always, Libor. I especially like the subtle weathering on the underside. Regarding the fit, if everything were shake and bake, it would be a pretty dull world, eh? There's nothing like a modelling challenge to get you going in the morning. Well, that and a strong coffee.  :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 12:06 AM, Redboost said:

Hi folks,

this is the Arma Hobby kit updated to one of the Finnish machines using SBS Decals.

The kit is rather nice, but the fit leaves a lot to be desired for a modern kit, so lot dry-fitting, scraping, beveling etc. was the order of the day.

Anyway, pretty good kit overall, but one is  enough for me for the time being.

Cheers,

Libor

Excellent model and love the subtle weathering ! Regarding the rivets , did you add them yourself or the kit comes like that ?

I've been giving serious consideration to putting my Arma kit in Finnish markings as well. It's one of the few nation's markings I haven't done a Hurricane in. But I think I would be inclined to use the InScale 72-018 set with the quasi-civilian markings, OH-IPL. 

Very nice Libor,..... I`ve just finished one myself and have another one on the go and found no fit issues at all with mine,...... so that is strange! 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Another beautiful build Libor. Did you add additional rivets? Also, the white ink used by SBS Decals appears to be very opaque. Is this correct? I'm thinking about putting in a large order with them. Thanks again for showing us your work.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, Redboost said:

Interesting. That hasn't been my experience so far on the three I'm working on.

• Like 2