Gloster Meteor Mk.F4 Klu

Hi Guys,

I will make a conversion of the Tamiya 1/48 Gloster meteor F3 into a F4 with the Heritage aviation conversion set.

It will get decals from Dutch decals for a Dutch Meteor from 323 squadron that was based at Leeuwarden afb in 1952/53.

Here are some pictures.

the box 

IMG_4699

the content

IMG_4700

the conversion

IMG_4701IMG_4702

some extras I might be using?!

IMG_4703

And the scheme I use for it.

IMG_4704

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 11

Good plan for a Mk4. I did a Mk4 a few years ago using the same basic kit but took the outer wing panels from a Classic Airframe Mk8. Probably no more work than this but a lot lighter! 

Colin 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have made a start on this one. I first had to do some modifying on the fuselage to get everything together. As I was to enthusiast I have removed at the left side a bit to much. Typical me. argggg:doh:   But here are two pictures of the modification.I have sawn off the strip.

IMG_4706IMG_4707

and the resin wing cleaned up.

IMG_4708

after that I did a dry fit Not to bad.

IMG_4712

I already glued the fuselage together.

Then I tried to dryfit the engine inlets and they had a big gap on the underside where I had sawn off a resin ring.

IMG_4709IMG_4711

It was luckily on the underside. and the fit on top was good.

IMG_4710

Then I thought that maybe that resin ring didn't needed to be removed, so I test fitted it and it looks to be much better with it. So I glued them back on.

Now I just need to reshape them a bit.

IMG_4713

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 8

A good solid start Arnold. With all the cutting and cleaning and major modifications done it should be straight-forward work now for you I hope :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi guys,

some more work done on the model. I have cleaned up the seam of the fuselage and have glued the inlets on the resin wing.

There is still some work to be done on the wing, but slowly it is getting there. If that is finished than I can glue it to the fuselage.

Here are some pictures of the inlets that a now glued on.

the top side.

IMG_4719

and the underside. There is still some work to be done on this, but it is already better than before.

IMG_4721IMG_4720

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

Hi Guys I have done some more work on the model.

Here are some pictures.

I have cleaned up the seam and filled it first with some super glue and then gave it a coat of Mr Surfacer 500 to get a better result.

Here is a picture with the Mr surfacer on.

IMG_4723

And after cleaning it up.

IMG_4724

And the wing done. It isn't perfect, but good enough. The underside is the worst.

IMG_4725IMG_4726

There were also some imperfections in the molding that I filled with mr surfacer.

IMG_4727IMG_4728

Then it was clamping time to get a decent fit.

IMG_4729IMG_4730

There were some seams that still needed to be filled, but not to bad.

IMG_4732IMG_4733IMG_4734

The only bigger one was on the front.

IMG_4731

But I filled that with some plastic plate.

IMG_4736

It still needs to be cleaned up, but that will be done after the glue has set.

I have also placed the cockpit, with the resin parts.

IMG_4722

And I painted it German grey instead of black and also placed some extra weight to get it on all three wheels.

I hope I have placed enough.

IMG_4735IMG_4737

The interior does look beter with the resin inserts. In the kit there was nothing there. There is still a wash needed in the cockpit and also is there a dry brush session needed.

That is it for now guys.

Cheers. 

• Like 5

Good solid progress there Arnold. I'm thinking you are over the worst of this one now and it will hopefully be all smooth running from here.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of the progress I made sins last time. She is nearing the stage of painting.

some pictures of the cockpit that was painted in RLM 66 and given a wash and a drybrush.

IMG_4738IMG_4739

On the right you can see some lead sticking out of the nose. Fingers crossed that it's enough to get it on three wheels.

IMG_4740IMG_4743IMG_4744IMG_4745IMG_4746

I also puttied the seam between the wing and the fuselage with some Tamiya putty. The excess was later removed with some mister color thinner.

That way you don't get loss of detail.

IMG_4741IMG_4742

Then I closed down the cockpit with the insert.

IMG_4747IMG_4748IMG_4749

And last but not least. I placed the canopy.

IMG_4751

I also placed the belly tank and made up the undercarriage, but forgor to take a picture.

That is it for now

Cheers,

• Like 6

Thanks guys. Now before I start painting it it will be mportant to get everything right before the metal coat will go on. I think there will be some sanding and polishing to do. 

Cheers,

• Like 1