It's a whitewash,Tamiya Stug iv.

Hi folk's,an armour build is becoming a tradition for my first finished kit of the new year,built for the Panzer iv GB I wanted to do a different finish

to the usual paintwork on these mid to late war tank's,I poured over endless photo's and found one of a whitewashed Russian front machine

with it's side armour still intact the only variation I made was showing the I.D. marking's showing through the wash.Been interesting after year's of

trying for better paintwork on my model's to try and represent something badly painted as these machine's were in the field.Thank's for taking the

time to look.

20190118_110206

20190118_110149

20190118_110158

20190118_110213

20190118_110222

20190118_110240

20190118_110304_001

• Like 31

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Been interesting after year's of trying for better paintwork on my model's to try and represent something badly painted as these machine's were in the field.

Ahh, the very interesting challenge of trying to make the paint job look poor without making your paint job look poor.  From where I am sitting I'd say you accomplished it very well.  I like that whitewash looks very naturally worn/dissolved away.  

It looks like you missed a pin mark on the front left schurzen.  If they aren't secured, I'd think it might be a relatively easy fix.

All in all, I really like it.  I can just picture soldiers standing around it in an early spring rainstorm, soaking wet and miserable.

Matt

That’s a very nice rendition of a deceptively simple camouflage. I really must give white wash a go some time.  Also, if you don’t mind me saying so, the left hand (port side) track appears to be on upside down. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt Parvis said:

It looks like you missed a pin mark on the front left schurzen.  If they aren't secured, I'd think it might be a relatively easy fix.

Thank's Matt,I was going to remove that plate originally as there are load's of photos of these tank's with random plates missing,they're not glued so I will get

round to a fix.

8 hours ago, Bill.B said:

That’s a very nice rendition of a deceptively simple camouflage. I really must give white wash a go some time.  Also, if you don’t mind me saying so, the left hand (port side) track appears to be on upside down. 

Cheer's Bill,they're not fixed and the plating can lift off so I'll do a fix before adding the figure's.

Hi Steve. As I mentioned in your thread, I think this is absolutely superb. The whitewash and weathering are spot on. Makes me want to do another tank in winter camo! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Looks great Steve. Especially the schurzen and the subtle weathering on the glacis and the entire front end.

Stugs and whitewash just go together, they look better white-ish than they do in yellow or 3 color to my

eye anyway and you have done a superb job of weathering and not overpowering the base colors. I think

the white wash tended to wash and wear off in random areas and most applications tended to be pretty

wishy-washy anyway. (pun intended) and sort of just slopped on quickly.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1