Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Britman

Aer Lingus

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Britman said:

All very well , but I take issue with the suggestion that "a few spotters" are displeased with the efforts of image consultants . It is bland and shows no imagination and cannot grab the attention of the average passenger amongst all the other white tubes moving around the airport they happen to be at. As an aside but relevant comment , today I heard a turboprop flying over head around eight to ten thousand feet. Having spotted the source of the noise I immediately identified it as a Flybe Dash 8. How do you think I deduced that?

 

Keith.                                             

I fly frequently, weekly (heading to DUB tomorrow, MAD next week, MAA week after etc) and I notice most people don’t even see the outside of the aircraft they’re flying on, but they notice the uniform, the product, the bed or seating, the points. That’s really where is at. The brand. That grabs the attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Agent K said:

I fly frequently, weekly (heading to DUB tomorrow, MAD next week, MAA week after etc) and I notice most people don’t even see the outside of the aircraft they’re flying on, but they notice the uniform, the product, the bed or seating, the points. That’s really where is at. The brand. That grabs the attention.

 

All too true... I used to fly very often up to a couple years ago for business and at some point I realised that I didn't even know the details of the livery of my favourite airline.. and I am an aviation enthusiast and a modeller !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll find that as EI are the official airline of Irish Rigby then this promotion is part of the agreement. BA is not a partner or official airline of Scottish Rugby so wouldn't be doing this. You didn't think EI did this for free and as a goodwill gesture did you?

 

As an aside I saw both the rugby liveried aircraft together in the hangar at DUB recently, they looked resplendent side by side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Agent K said:

I think you'll find that as EI are the official airline of Irish Rigby then this promotion is part of the agreement. BA is not a partner or official airline of Scottish Rugby so wouldn't be doing this. You didn't think EI did this for free and as a goodwill gesture did you?

 

As an aside I saw both the rugby liveried aircraft together in the hangar at DUB recently, they looked resplendent side by side.

It was a joke ....they aren't partners for England or Wales either....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧 but I'm glad they looked good maybe BA should do something take people's mind of the normal Boring news😊

Edited by junglierating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before anyone says the paint schemes were better and more interesting in the old days I will just say .........

 

Court Lines anyone?

 

I always thought their aircraft looked like that horrid confectionery “Edinbugh Rock”

 

The Aer Lingus new scheme could be worse but I agree the image consultants do make their money easily. They are the new snake oil sales persons along with sundry other occupations that profess to add value to a business without ever doing anything measurable yet they get away with it

 

my favour scheme is the BOAC 1950-60 style as per the VC10 and Comet. Classy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've managed to see a few more pictures now and to be honest, I like the new livery ! Looks very modern and IMHO suits well the lines of the A330. Maybe the Aer Lingus titles on the fuselage should have been a bit larger, as in some renders I've found on he web, but overall it's a nice new look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JohnT said:

The Aer Lingus new scheme could be worse but I agree the image consultants do make their money easily. They are the new snake oil sales persons along with sundry other occupations that profess to add value to a business without ever doing anything measurable yet they get away with it

Oh if they get it right then their value can be shown directly on the bottom line, look at BA, when Lord King relaunched with the Landor livery and (what I think some don't quite get) the complete and whole product were addressed, on board and at the airport. That relaunch turned BA around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Agent K said:

Oh if they get it right then their value can be shown directly on the bottom line, look at BA, when Lord King relaunched with the Landor livery and (what I think some don't quite get) the complete and whole product were addressed, on board and at the airport. That relaunch turned BA around.

True though often a culture change comes with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also though Court Line liveries were good . They were completely different and made the airline stand out . You knew you were on Court Line .  In the same way a green upper fuselage meant Aer Lingus . Now it’s just bland, nothing to distinguish it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:56 AM, Rb277170 said:

I also though Court Line liveries were good . They were completely different and made the airline stand out . You knew you were on Court Line .  In the same way a green upper fuselage meant Aer Lingus . Now it’s just bland, nothing to distinguish it .

I have a feeling that the pax at the pointy end (who provide most of the yield) will be more than happy with the new brand, onboard product, airport product and points earnings.

 

I do appreciate that it's not to everybodies taste, but the intended audience.... and market.... is not just the aviation hobby community.

Edited by Agent K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agent K said:

I have a feeling that the pax at the pointy end (who provide most of the yield) will be more than happy with the new brand, onboard product, airport product and points earnings.

 

Correct, livery has no influence on 99% of passengers, most scour the internet looking for a deal, £10 off here and £10 there - that is all they are interested in.

 

I fly a lot by Etihad and they must have the dullest (bordering on dour) internal and external colour schemes/liveries on the planet. But, they give me the best deal to the destinations I want to go to. Once you are snared into their loyalty schemes that's it! Which I am.

 

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly Tommo, the snares are the rewards/price/destinations, not the livery. Additionally with EI the ability to go through US immigration in DUB and treat the transatlantic sector as a domestic flight is a very big catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agent K said:

Exactly Tommo, the snares are the rewards/price/destinations, not the livery. Additionally with EI the ability to go through US immigration in DUB and treat the transatlantic sector as a domestic flight is a very big catch.

I agree, having experienced that first hand. Going through immigration before the flight is quick and strolling off totally unmolested at the other end is amazing. 

 

I noticed that a lot of passengers on the flight were transiting from everywhere but Dublin. Once on a return flight from Chicago it was nearly full but very few turned up in the baggage hall at Dublin. Most were transiting. They don't care about the colour of the aluminium tube they were in. 

 

We'll just have to get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2019 at 22:08, JohnT said:

 

Court Lines anyone?

 

< Guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aer Lingus have gone through periods before when they dropped the green roof. Indeed, my favourite nostalgic livery is the white roof/green shamrock era of Aer Lingus which existed from about 1964 to 1974.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Aer Lingus have gone through periods before when they dropped the green roof. Indeed, my favourite nostalgic livery is the white roof/green shamrock era of Aer Lingus which existed from about 1964 to 1974.

 

Good point ! We tend to forget that most airlines have changed livery more than once over the years, and most times the new livery was designed to be in tune with whatever the current trend was at the time, same as Aer Lingus did today. Would be fun to know what enthusiasts may have said when Aer Lingus changed livery in 1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't particularly impressed at the time. I saw the new (1974) livery before it was official;ly unveiled. I was just beginning my cycle home from a plane spotting trip to Dublin Airport when I saw this green roofed 707 had been pushed out of one of the hangers. It took me a few minutes to realise that it was a new Aer Lingus colour scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×