A very Different Morgan

My kit of the Morgan Plus 8 is finished. 

The build story is here...

1. From the Side, bonnet and doors open: note the pistons in the engine: they move when the engine is running! 

Side_s.jpg

2. the dashboard: quite realistic. 

Dash_s.jpg

3. From the Front

Front_s.jpg

4. From the back: the "spare" wheel is the winder for the rubber band driven motor. 15 full turns gives the car enough power for about a 12 feet/3m run.

rear_s.jpg

5. Underneath

Underside_s.jpg

Construction uses no adhesive, no painting. The parts are laser cut in birch plywood, pushed out and assembled using either 2mm wooden dowels through pre-cut holes, or tabs and slots. 

Some lubrication is needed, and also some sanding as the there is no margin for rough edges, etc. Even so assembly needs strong fingers. 

Overall and excellent "kit", if not really a scale model. It looks like a Morgan, capturing all the essential features of the 2012 to 2018 Plus 8 bodied Aero chassis at the front, mated to a traditional 4 seater at the rear.

No such car exists, so it is really a "what iff" representation. 

The UGears kits are fun, I plan another!! 

• Like 10

Looks great... and was so inspiring I found a good excuse to buy one myself (my Mum is a huge Morgan fan, and very difficult to buy presents for, so this year she's getting a "kinetic sculpture" of a Morgan for her birthday!) Just spent a happy couple of hours building. It's really enjoyable to build, the instructions are brilliant, and you can relish the amazing design and engineering skill that's gone into it. I have to second the view that tying the little rubber bands to length is by far the most difficult and annoying aspect of putting it together, though...

best,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon