1/72 - Westland Lysander by Dora Wings - released - new Mk.III boxing

Homebee

18 minutes ago, wombat said:

Итак, к началу ноября это будет около 30 фунтов стерлингов ... 🤔

You can buy at the Dora Wings booth right at the exhibition. The price will be 23 euros

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was hopeful of seperate flaps and slats but it looks like we are only getting separate flaps - which of course can never be down if the inner slats are in. To me a Lizzie just looks wrong with a clean wing.

• Like 1

Looks very promising and I hope it will be at Telford. The prop issue I suspect is not uncommon due to the tight tolerances with CAD/CAM these days

Pardon my ignorance - some Lysanders has small windows below leading enge of fin, some do not have it. What is the rule? Which variant has it? Dora did not make them anyway...

Westland_Lysander_03.jpg

formation-of-westland-lysander-army-coop

225sqn_2.jpg

BTW - is it a three colour scheme???

Here, mk III witout windows

Lysander_IIIA_V9428_MA-C_of_161_sqn.jpg

Cheers

J-W

Jerzy-Wojtek, the little windows ahead of the tail fin were so the pilot could check and adjust the angle of incidence of the tailplane which could be altered according to the load carried, but I don't think it was used much and the inspection windows were often simply painted over if I recall correctly, hence some pictures show Lysanders with the windows and others, usually later pictures, show them apparently without.

Cheers, 

Stew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Pardon my ignorance - some Lysanders has small windows below leading enge of fin, some do not have it. What is the rule? Which variant has it? Dora did not make them anyway...

Westland_Lysander_03.jpg

formation-of-westland-lysander-army-coop

225sqn_2.jpg

BTW - is it a three colour scheme???

Here, mk III witout windows

Lysander_IIIA_V9428_MA-C_of_161_sqn.jpg

Cheers

J-W

If I didn’t know better I would say that might be a dark/light earth/green scheme like gladiators had at the time, but Lysanders having them is new on me

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

If I didn’t know better I would say that might be a dark/light earth/green scheme like gladiators had at the time, but Lysanders having them is new on me

The case of Gladiator was that it was biplane and it was to compensate darker appearance of parts in shadow, therefore it was called "shadow shading". This  had horizontal demarcation line on fuselage, here it is diferently

Thanks @Stew Dapple and @TEXANTOMCAT for explanation of the aim of small window presence .

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

That colour variation... it's not just a difference in reflectivity or moisture between the metal and doped fabric surfaces, is it?

Cheers,

Stew

Possibly, or even the effect of what’s obviously strong sunlight and shade, but between the ground crew and the tail fin there seem to be 3 progressively darker tones.

So last night I found my Haynes manual of the Lysander to see if the cutaway revealed any connection between structures and the mysterious tone...no, but not only is the image above in the book, but also another of (probably) the same aircraft taken from the other side, which also appears to have three tones. The darkest tone really does seem roughly applied though. Odd.

Don't want to be that guy, but is there a plastic part alternative for the cowl flaps? Yes, I know photoetch is more to scale but I'm no fan of the medium (well, of superglue to be honest). 

Not that it matters. I'm a fan of the Lysander and will definitely be picking one up once available. 

Hope he brings plenty for Telford. Was already on the buy list as looks a better prospect than any of the others available. 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 21:35, dora said:

You can buy at the Dora Wings booth right at the exhibition. The price will be 23 euros

Good afternoon Dora

How can we buy this kit if we can not go to the Model show ?

All the best

Patrice

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Когда вы планируете ( @dora я надеюсь, что вы делаете), чтобы выпустить другие варианты? 

ура

JW

I think in the spring, in April, we will release Mk.3 (not SD)
Other modifications are still in the works.I think in the spring, in April, we will release Mk.3 (not SD)
Other modifications are still in the works.

32 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Dora

How can we buy this kit if we can not go to the Model show ?

All the best

Patrice

Need to ask in your stores.
Upon return, we will send orders to distributors.
Or 23 November, Houten, at Euro Scale Modelling. I'll be there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1