1/72 - Westland Lysander by Dora Wings - released - new Mk.III boxing

Homebee

19 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

I managed to get my name in the acknowledgements of that book. A definite high point in an otherwise unexceptional existence.

Congratulations! :clap2:

I think I found it! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Build review of the Mk III SD boxing: https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-72-westland-lysander-mk-iii-sd-dora-wings-budowa/
Includes quite a number of useful build tips.

Wow! That was difficult to read. As I only speak/read English, I used the translated version. This didn't do a very good job, at all. 

Oh well, I didn't plan on getting this kit anyways.

Chris

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, rod mcq said:

They appear to have got the squadron codes wrong e.g. AR on one side of the fuselage and RA on the other and the same error for the other versions

Indeed, good job it's easily fixed with a swipe of a scalpel blade but it's quite a rookie error. Especially since there are so many photographs around of V9441 in those markings painted correctly in her time with the Strathallen Collection before moving to Old Warden and going all-black.

On 27/07/2020 at 10:02, Work In Progress said:

Particularly cruel of them to display box art with the slats deployed when the kit does not offer that (but should).

Lucky they didn't show it with the guns firing as well....

😎

• Haha 1

There was a Build review of the Mk III SD boxing in March.

Only a blind man wouldn't see that there are no slats...

Oh, you could have added that there were no clouds or mountain in the box !

🥵

25 minutes ago, madcop said:

There was a Build review of the Mk III SD boxing in March.

Only a blind man wouldn't see that there are no slats...

Oh, you could have added that there were no clouds or mountain in the box !

🥵

Review also said it was a very tough build (if we are thinking of the same review AMW). Although I have one, and will probably get the new, I ebayed a Matchbox version. Life is too short.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

There was a bit of confusion with the canopy assembly, Cat. No. 72023.

I have a PDF file with corrected assembly manual. How can I bring it here/paste/attach it to this post?

Please note very recently the manufacturer have released an updated assembly manual showing correct assembly of the cockpit canopy (Assembly Stages 12-15). I have tried but failed miserably to attach two pages of the revised manual in JPG for your attention here. 

Also note the parts E25, E32 and E34 after cockpit assembly (Stage 9) may serve as a template / supporting frame for front canopy assembly (parts C4, C8, C9 and C10). 

Edited by Bikitzer

Please note very recently the manufacturer have released an updated assembly manual showing correct assembly of the cockpit canopy (Assembly Stages 12-15). I have tried but failed miserably to attach two pages of the revised manual for your attention here. 

Also note the parts E25, E32 and E34 after cockpit assembly (Stage 9) may serve as a template / supporting frame for front canopy assembly (parts C4, C8, C9 and C10).  

39 minutes ago, Bikitzer said:

Hi All, 

There was a bit of confusion with the canopy assembly, Cat. No. DW72023.

I have a PDF file with corrected assembly manual. How can I bring it here/paste/attach it to this post?

Please note very recently the manufacturer have released an updated assembly manual showing correct assembly of the cockpit canopy (Assembly Stages 12-15). I have tried but failed miserably to attach two pages of the revised manual in JPG for your attention here. 

22 hours ago, Bikitzer said:

You can't post it directly (just as you can't post photo's directy)

You need to find somewhere on the web to host it and then you can post a link to it

reply and pdf from Dora        file:///C:/Users/Nigel%20Perry/Downloads/Lysander_MK_III_inst_1.pdf 

I don't  beat about the bush !

Edited by T-21
  • Like 1