This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Single Blade Nipper 2.0 (ST-A)

On 1/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, azureglo said:

Me thinks, I should give mine another go but is no match for my Hyper Gate saw last time I tried., does have the distinct advantage that you can actually buy one unlike said saw which is obviously fabricated from Japanese rocking manure...

Anil The Tool Junkie

OT I know, but emailing Platz came up trumps for the Hyper Gate saw...

These nippers look pretty damn cool too, at this rate I may become a tool junkie...

I have just got my nippers, well they are the ones in this review as Mike was already using his! Must say they are excellent.

Julien

4 hours ago, 06/24 said:

OT I know, but emailing Platz came up trumps for the Hyper Gate saw...

These nippers look pretty damn cool too, at this rate I may become a tool junkie...

Different tools for different jobs, like any hobby. Not wasting hours puttying and sanding "accidents" is worth £20 odd of anyone's money. Just took mine out and tested again, pants at removing tiny parts (especially Airfix with its soft plastic) but way better than the Xurons at everything else as remarked. 

Mine turned up yesterday. Tax man was clearly looking the other way, So even more reason to celebrate!  🤗

In use, They feel light, comfortable & sharp! After the first few cuts, You adapt to them surprisingly quickly, & they have now supplanted the Xurons & even my favourite Tamiya side cutters as the de-facto clippers in the arsenel.

Money VERY well spent!!!!!

On 25/01/2019 at 09:54, BikKit said:

Postman turned up with these this morning.

My! Isn't your postman thoughtful! :) I'm gonna have to press "go" on a drill today, as I've just been having fun with the usual rubbish you get in sets off eBay.  Not great :S

Press the button Mike, the drill is lovely to use, it's worth the £16 for the drill bit set that comes with it, the drill is a bonus 😉

18 minutes ago, colin said:

Press the button Mike

Button pressed :)