Single Blade Nipper 2.0 (ST-A)

Mike

On 1/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, azureglo said:

Me thinks, I should give mine another go but is no match for my Hyper Gate saw last time I tried., does have the distinct advantage that you can actually buy one unlike said saw which is obviously fabricated from Japanese rocking manure...

Anil The Tool Junkie

OT I know, but emailing Platz came up trumps for the Hyper Gate saw...

These nippers look pretty damn cool too, at this rate I may become a tool junkie...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 06/24 said:

OT I know, but emailing Platz came up trumps for the Hyper Gate saw...

These nippers look pretty damn cool too, at this rate I may become a tool junkie...

Different tools for different jobs, like any hobby. Not wasting hours puttying and sanding "accidents" is worth £20 odd of anyone's money. Just took mine out and tested again, pants at removing tiny parts (especially Airfix with its soft plastic) but way better than the Xurons at everything else as remarked. 

• Like 2

Mine turned up yesterday. Tax man was clearly looking the other way, So even more reason to celebrate!  🤗

In use, They feel light, comfortable & sharp! After the first few cuts, You adapt to them surprisingly quickly, & they have now supplanted the Xurons & even my favourite Tamiya side cutters as the de-facto clippers in the arsenel.

Money VERY well spent!!!!!

• Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 09:54, BikKit said:

Postman turned up with these this morning.

My! Isn't your postman thoughtful! :) I'm gonna have to press "go" on a drill today, as I've just been having fun with the usual rubbish you get in sets off eBay.  Not great :S

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I got the drill as well as the nippers (which indeed are stupendous), but be aware that the bits are *very* fragile.  I left behind one of the smaller ones in the hole when trying to extract it via a straight pull, and a larger one through twitching, causing it to snap.

The technique for a safe extraction seems to be to 'unscrew' the drill via reverse rotation.

Anyone know if there are compatible micro bits out there that don't need to ship via Alibaba?

Mike

2 hours ago, Chaotic Mike said:

Anyone know if there are compatible micro bits out there that don't need to ship via Alibaba?

Kind of off-topic, but I found DSPIAE being stocked in the UK - HM Hobbies, which is where I got my drill bits from, and yes.  They're incredibly fragile - the slightest tweak to the side and they snap right off :(

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, Mike said:

Kind of off-topic, but I found DSPIAE being stocked in the UK - HM Hobbies, which is where I got my drill bits from, and yes.  They're incredibly fragile - the slightest tweak to the side and they snap right off :(

They are standard tungsten carbide  PCB drill bits, they will snap unfortunately at these sizes it's in their nature. Easy to get from Amazon for between £5 and £15 depending on how many of each you want. The last box I bought was 5 of each size for about £12 on prime.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Looking for some nippers like this - would real like some God Hand but they are too expensive.

Any the UK place is out of stock, there are three UK-based eBay sellers but they all sound like the same seller to me and they have too much bad feedback for my liking.  On AliExpress they want $33 which is fine but then there is the risk of another £15 in import duty.

Interesting I have seen these - and I am wondering whether they are the same thing just with different branding.

https://www.redgrassgames.com/precision-nippers/

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

Try eBay, otherwise look at the Trumpeter version.  This looks to be suspiciously similar to the DSPIAE one, this is available in the UK. 

https://www.emodels.co.uk//trumpeter-single-blade-nippers-for-plastic-parts-09990.html?utm_source=scalemates&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=marketplace

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:09 AM, Soeren said:

Hey there. Is this the same nipper as the Mr Hobby one? Looks really close. Got mine through ebay including shipping for around 30€.

Mr Hobby may be similar but only re-branding I've seen on these is Meng. I have the Meng branded drill and the Dspiae nippers, circle cutter and ruler (which are also excellent).

Like some of the other users these have definitely supplanted even my Tamiya nippers and make clean up way quicker and neater now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to buy a pair of these for some time now, having first found them on ebay, along with a bunch of other tools by the same company. I never heard of them either, but the slick color choice, being the bright red that car owners with a similar color can attest (police have an eye for red cars), that makes their tools hard to ignore.

Looking over some macro pictures and videos, it's like a masterful culk leader, taking you in, I sprung for their micro drill set. I too was just as impressed with their quality and accuracy. The only downside in my opinion, was the method used to lock the bits into the tool. But that is based more on my ignorance of the type of bits used for the tool, which have a round based and come from the CNC world, so the must be locked into the tool, and DSPIAE uses a small screw on the side. The choice of a typical CNC bit style, makes buying new bit easy. They could have gone with a proprietary method, but have allowed us to buy replacement bits anywhere, which is a nice thing. Companies like Apple could learn a thing or two from DSPIAE, giving the end user the freedom to buy what works for them.

The other tools from this company, no doubt carry the same quality level as both the micro drill and these nippers apparently do, I am hoping to collect as many of their tools as possible, with focus on their mitre cutter and PE bending tool. The latter appears to rival one from the bigger companies. As a carpenter, I learned the importance of using the right tool for the job. DSPIAE has created a line of tools that is just that, the right tools.

I am not prone to gushing either, but I do know that the most quiet people, are always the happiest (or about to climb a clock tower with a hunting rifle). What I mean to say, all too often, the only voice we hear, are the complaining type. I have made it a habit of being just as loud when praise was warranted. But I don't praise everything, only when something truly exceeds my expectations. I have now, nor ever, received anything free from any company, which is a shame, because I am poor and could use a lot of freebies (hint hint)

Thanks for the review, although I quite expected it to be positive. And for those who don't know, there is a newer 3.0 version of these nippers on the market.

Cheers,

Anthony D'Agostino

PS. Does anyone else feel like a naughty kid when they says nippers, or is just the kid in me?

On 10/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, nheather said:

Interesting I have seen these - and I am wondering whether they are the same thing just with different branding.

I just checked them out, they certainly do look the same, the price is a lot higher than what I have found from the DSPIAE store on aliexpress. I have never used that site and am curious why everyone thinks it's a shady place to buy items? Is there a lot of bad sellers? Some things I buy online in the Philippines, where I live, are COD. This takes all the risk of buying, almost zero. They don't make money unless the item arrives and I pay for it. I would however, trust their shop, since their repution as an honorable dealer is on the line.

Anyway, I look forward to buying these nippers, I have their micro drill, and if that is any indication of the quality, this would make a perfect cutter for those in our artform.

Cheers,

Anthony