Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper

Hewy

The fahrgestell munitionsshlepper as most German armour builders  will know is the ammunition loading crane for the Karl-gerat siege mortar, I built it as part of the panzer iv group build, as its panzer iv based, 

gFa8AM4.jpg

huqiHJm.jpg

7QnzkVL.jpg

6xVaMUv.jpg

FRNO4D1.jpg

uhQLdSY.jpg

• Like 23

Hi Glynn. Just beeen looking at your photos of your impressive Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper again and, I have to say, it is one of my favourite armour builds on Britmodeller!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. Just beeen looking at your photos of your impressive Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper again and, I have to say, it is one of my favourite armour builds on Britmodeller!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix your too kind mate, I'm not finished in the gb yet because I've got the crew and a scene to do, but you've run a great gb there, it's been a cracker

Another couple of pictures I forgot to add

0m0bPiP.jpg

t81wJ4L.jpg

iNUHvjR.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1

Absolutely outstanding! Love it. Any details about kit/conversion? 

I like my run of the mill AFV's toocbut for me the utility/service vehicles are normally more interesting - Famous, RSO, Bergpanzer, etc

Edit: Oops! Just found the WIP thread - I'll have a gander.

Edited by ModelMonkey
Being a daftie...
  • Thanks 1

Aaargh!!!

I've bought this kit for...you've guessed it, the panzer IV group build! Great work though Glynn, if I can get anywhere near yours I'll be more than happy, the faded and distressed paintwork is outstanding! I'll definitely be using this as inspiration as the Morser Karl I built a while ago is in the same panzer grey finish.

The kit looks pretty complete OOB, have you had to add anything?

Regards

J A. 

4 hours ago, johnny akes said:

Aaargh!!!

I've bought this kit for...you've guessed it, the panzer IV group build! Great work though Glynn, if I can get anywhere near yours I'll be more than happy, the faded and distressed paintwork is outstanding! I'll definitely be using this as inspiration as the Morser Karl I built a while ago is in the same panzer grey finish.

The kit looks pretty complete OOB, have you had to add anything?

Regards

J A. 

I didn't add anything Johnny, but I recommend you get some proper wire for the crane jib, unlike me 🤪, that's about it, and the PE for the end of the crane doesn't have a cut out for a return cable, I didn't think some of the PE bought much to the party either, so I used it selectively, build away, I'll look in, cheers 

Glynn 

6 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

This is a great looking build,I have the 60cm Morser,this one makes me want to buy one to place beside it,"INSPIRATIONAL" ,Cheers.

Hi Jim, I don't know if you've built your Karl or if it's in your stash, but they camouflaged some of them later in the war, here's a captured one, three colour it looks like, more beat up than my rendition, thanks mate glad you like it, and  look tight tracks,

Glynn 

tUnx76p.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hewy said:

Hi Jim, I don't know if you've built your Karl or if it's in your stash, but they camouflaged some of them later in the war, here's a captured one, three colour it looks like, more beat up than my rendition, thanks mate glad you like it, and  look tight tracks,

Glynn 

tUnx76p.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this one,and sorry I built the Karl a year back now,it's hiding somewhere on this site,Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...