Yugoslav Messerschmitt, finished!!

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

DITTO ! 👍 Thanks a lot Craig now i need to do one in this scheme. 😉

Do it! In this GB if you can :D 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I lack a couple of the essential things i need ? I don't have a 109, and i dont have the decals ? 😉

There's a cure for that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I lack a couple of the essential things i need ? I don't have a 109, and i dont have the decals ? 😉

As Col says there is a very easy cure for that, it just needs a small injection (of cash that is) to an on line retailer and hey presto problem solved!

• Like 2

Hello @Col. & @modelling minion. At the risk of hijacking your thread Craig (sorry). I am disabled and attempting to get federal disability. Sorry I don't know what its called in the U.K. I have an annual budget of aproximately $200-$300 dollars for all my hobbies. Most of that i get at my birthday or christmas. I have to plan out and prioritize months in advance how i will spend that money. Thats why im still in the process with my sea knight search ( i have an idea on that but need to see about the $). I was lucky last August when a fellow member was having a stash reduction. Instead of selling them he was kind enough to give me a number of unbuilt kits & paints. Sorry if that dragged on and that i used your thread Craig. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Col. & @modelling minion. At the risk of hijacking your thread Craig (sorry). I am disabled and attempting to get federal disability. Sorry I don't know what its called in the U.K. I have an annual budget of aproximately $200-$300 dollars for all my hobbies. Most of that i get at my birthday or christmas. I have to plan out and prioritize months in advance how i will spend that money. Thats why im still in the process with my sea knight search ( i have an idea on that but need to see anout the $). I was lucky last August when a fellow member was having a stash reduction. Instead of selling them he was kind enough to give me a number of unbuilt kits & paints. Sorry if that dragged on and that i used your thread Craig. 

Dennis

Very sorry to hear that Dennis, and please do not apologise for explaining your situation and you are definitely not hijacking my thread.

Reference the Sea Knight do not worry about not having one, we have all signed up for GB's with the best of intentions and then not been able to participate for one reason or another, you also have the Patton GB to organise so don't worry.

Regarding the Yugoslav markings I might be able to help you out there, I have some spare options on the sheet I won't be building to which you are welcome, however if it's the same scheme as mine you really want I might be able to get you what you want from a very good friend in Serbia, it might take a while though as I'm not sure they are still commercially available.

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would be very nice Craig, if you're sure you can spare them? I would like the same camouflage, but if they're not the same i suppose i could go with whats available. I couldn't begin to figure out postage from U.K. to here let alone Serbia to the U.S.? I will P/M you and we can figure this out as i dont wish to violate any rules.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Getting close to the end on my 109 now, I have all the decals applied (there are more than it looks as the stars are made up of different decals which need to be lined up properly) and the tail has been painted in Luftwaffe colours as it is a replacement and not in the same scheme as the rest of the aircraft. It will soon be time to get a matt coat on and to make a start on the weathering properly, I have already given a wash to the panel lines, anyway here are some pics starting with the upper surfaces;

46296631865_995597be02_o_d.jpg

And a close up of the rear fuselage showing the national markings;

40246213063_e69069b20a_o_d.jpg

And finally the under surfaces;

46296635635_bfc32ab517_o_d.jpg

Hopefully I shall get her finished over the next couple of days and then get some pics in the gallery.

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Shamelessly borrowing Craig's (beautiful Bf 109 btw :thumbsup:) build thread, if @modelling minion has extra decals for @Corsairfoxfouruncle to use with a G-2...14 kit instead of a G-10, I'm happy to spare one set of my AZmodel sprues for this good purpose! V-P

Extremely kind of you V-P, however the decals I am getting for Dennis are in 1/48 scale and I think the AZ kits are 1/72.

Dennis may well want to take you up on your kind offer anyway, and I might be able to get hold of some 1/72 decals too.

• Haha 1

Right guys I am calling this one finished.

I have to say I have really enjoyed this build, a simple but good quality kit in an unusual colour scheme with good quality decals, who could ask for more? Other than the good company on here to share it with of course.

So without further ado here are a couple of pics of the finished item;

33391016688_f7c534a7fc_o_d.jpg

46352307795_4dc93207e8_o_d.jpg

46352311915_8b049e8a25_o_d.jpg

47214875882_3f25afd003_o_d.jpg

I kept the weathering quite subtle as they weren't in combat after all but a touch of exhaust staining and lightening of panels seems to have worked well, you may also notice that I have kept the drop tank in it's original Luftwaffe colours as the pictures I have seen of the aircraft show it in it's original colours.

A big thank you to @Col. for organising yet another brilliant, informative and very enjoyable GB, I wish I had the time to build everything I want to for this one but it would take me years! And an equally big thanks to all of you who have popped in during the build and liked and commented on my progress. I shall post some more pics in the gallery.

Craig.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm already thinking we need a 90s edition then perhaps a Millennial to finish off...

What with all the fun stuff going on with NATO currently. Id think the 2010’s would also be a possibility ? You have the russians placing or threatening to place missiles in Kaliningrad. The corresonding buildup of forces in Poland and the Baltic States. I dont know if NATO is building up forces near the Ukraine border either with whats going on in Crimea ? 

• Like 1