Mosquito 2 Stage Engine Nacelles Attack Squadron 1/72 availability ?

TEMPESTMK5

Good morning

I don't know if this is the good place to ask but I would like to know where I can find this reference 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/attack-squadron-72104-dh98-mosquito-two-stage-supercharger-merlin-engine-nacelles-set--1040381

Thanks in advance for your help 

Patrice

19 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Good afternoon Gingerbob

Thank you very much for the link 👍

Yesterday I placed an order and I hope that this set is really available .. 

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

19 hours ago, Denford said:

Attack Squadron announced last year that they would be discontinuing such parts.

I heard that they sold that part of the business to Brengun.

Good morning Denford

I think that I have heard the same , I have searched in the Brengun Eshop but found nothing ..

I think that some company will produce a 2stage Merlin engine Mosquito soon  ..

Patrice

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Blackbird Models are working on improving their Two-Stage Mosquito Merlins, might be stocking them later this year.

Here are the old ones: https://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/mosquito-two-stage-engines-72-1290-p.asp

Paragon Designs Two-Stage Merlins sometimes appear on eBay but prices can be high.

Dan

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I've got a pair by Pavla. Not sure if they are still available though.

The Pavla sets also keep appearing on eBay more frequently but as for accuracy goes they aren't long enough for Two-Stage Merlin Nacelles. Although for the price they appear at it's not too bad being the more available set despite its error.

Dan

10 hours ago, occa said:

What about the AirWaves ?

From my opinion they were the most accurate,, I have a pair lying around somewhere.

Good morning Occa

According to Scalemates https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airwaves-sc7256-two-stage-merlin-mosquito--1004470  

this set was designed for the old Airfix Mosquito  I am not sure it would fit for the Tamiya kit I plan to build ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

I've had a set of Attack Squadron engines on order from HLJ for some months now, but as yet there's no sign of when (if ever) I might see them. If Blackbird comes out with a reasonable set in the meantime, HLJ will loose that order ...

1 hour ago, Admiral Puff said:

I've had a set of Attack Squadron engines on order from HLJ for some months now, but as yet there's no sign of when (if ever) I might see them. If Blackbird comes out with a reasonable set in the meantime, HLJ will loose that order ...

Since Attack Squadron got out of the resin accessories business a year ago it is quite doubtful HLJ will ever get more...

Attack Squadron has been sold to Brengun, but the timeline of release is not know yet. I would bet they may put it off due to coming Special Hobby kits.

Anyway, the Blackbird Models conversion worked fine for me, here is the result (coupled with Tamiya kit). Even better if they're working on an improvent!

Cheers

Libor

39850093993_215328f028_o.jpg

• Like 7

Good evening Libor

Thank you 👍👍👍👍

Today I received a mail from HLJ saying that my order placed last week has been dispatched ..

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

On 19/01/2019 at 22:37, Admiral Puff said:

Good afternoon Admiral Puff

Today I received my order placed 8 days ago 😃and I am waiting for another set I ordered on tuesday ..

You should contact HLJ about your order ..

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

On 1/17/2019 at 7:48 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Denford

I think that I have heard the same , I have searched in the Brengun Eshop but found nothing ..

Patrice

I certainly hope so.  It is well overdue.