Airfix 06018 Mitchell Mk II - same plastic as B-25C/D?

Anders_Isaksson

Is it safe to say that the recent RAF Mitchell is the same basic kit plastic but with a new set of decals?

I already have the B-25C/D with a Techmod sheet for RAF Mitchells and considering how difficult those decals can be to apply I lean towards getting the dedicated Airfix release.

On the other hand, maybe I should stick to the kit I have and just go with Techmod.

Decisions, decisions... 😏

Techmod decals are different depending on time. Apparently they were working on their technology trying to improve it, and they did some progress for sure. In general I like them, especially that it is in Poland the most obvious choice for aftermarket decals. The old one were a bit stiff, though thin, so some softering was needed. Now it is much better but still it is better to put them on a varnished surface and cover with another layer of varnish. 

I do not expect that difference of Airfix plastic between those two boxes exists... But I have not seen them.

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

Just to confirm that the Airfix Mk.II is the same plastic. It's nice though and has two options with different engine variants, one with the later multiple exhausts and the other with the earlier single 'big pipe' exhaust. Seems like a good package.

• Like 1